PERM pending for 1 year, currently on H4 can I apply for 1 yr H1B extension?

phantastic81

Hello - need immediate advice on the situation below - will be quite grateful. 

6 year H1B expired (including recapture time) = May 2013 

Status since May 2013 = H4 (haven't left the country and thus I am not on a H4 visa just on H4 status)

PERM with audit pending for more than 365 days (PD: Nov 2012, Audit: March 2013)

Can a 1 year H1B extension be filed with USCIS?

Thanks in advance. 

Hello - need immediate advice on the situation below - will be quite grateful. 

6 year H1B expired (including recapture time) = May 2013 

Status since May 2013 = H4 (haven't left the country and thus I am not on a H4 visa just on H4 status)

PERM with audit pending for more than 365 days (PD: Nov 2012, Audit: March 2013)

Can a 1 year H1B extension be filed with USCIS?

Thanks in advance. 

I believe so if your employer is having a job ready for you. Wait for others opinion.

• 1 month later...

Good news all - H1B Extension (1 year extension since Audit pending for more than 365 days) was filed last week in premium processing and was approved today. 

Good luck to all others who are in tough immigration situations - I still need to navigate through a few more related situations but this is a good first baby step. 

Wanted to post this update mainly to encourage folks to stay positive and stay focussed. 

• 3 weeks later...

Good news all - H1B Extension (1 year extension since Audit pending for more than 365 days) was filed last week in premium processing and was approved today. 

Good luck to all others who are in tough immigration situations - I still need to navigate through a few more related situations but this is a good first baby step. 

Wanted to post this update mainly to encourage folks to stay positive and stay focussed. 

Phantastic81, I am in similar situation.

(1)  Did you get the H4 approved at the time of 7th year H1B extension?

(2) What documents required for 7th year extension from H4 to H1 , what is the proof that PERM is pending for 365 days(Any document from DOL)?

Can you share your experience, really appreciated in this wonder world.

Archived