I539 form filling and documents required

RasikaD

Hello,

I am on H4 visa right now and it is getting expired in mid of January 2014.

My husband has already applied for his H1 extension through his employer. We received a filing receipt I-797C from USCIS for my husband petition. The extension application was received by USCIS on 18th Sept 2013. Vermont service center processing time is 4-5 months.

What is the way for me to apply for my H4 extension/Renewal? Can I file for extension based on husband's  receipt What are the documents that I need to submit with my I539??

Thank you for help and guidance  in advance.

Hello,

I am on H4 visa right now and it is getting expired in mid of January 2014.

My husband has already applied for his H1 extension through his employer. We received a filing receipt I-797C from USCIS for my husband petition. The extension application was received by USCIS on 18th Sept 2013. Vermont service center processing time is 4-5 months.

What is the way for me to apply for my H4 extension/Renewal? Can I file for extension based on husband's  receipt What are the documents that I need to submit with my I539??

Thank you for help and guidance  in advance.

Your husband's employer should have included your name too. 

Now, you can file a H4 extension by submitting I539 form and supporting documents that includes your husband's extension receipt notice.

Thank you for the reply.

I was reading the instruction to fill I539 from USCIS website.

In that instruction.pdf it is mentioned that with I539 I will have to submit "filing receipt noting that petition is pending with USCIS".

Can you please tell me which is that receipt that shows my husbands petition is pending with USCIS??

Initially I thought that it is form 797C. But on form 797C it is written that "This is not the evidence that the case is still pending with USCIS"

please help.

Thanks for your help and Guidance in advance.

Archived