Traveling on AP - confused, EAD says not valid for reentry

agupta001

Hi, 

My understanding was that on return to the US, the airlines will take one AP document, the port of entry officer will take another one, and she will give me back one after stamping it. 

My first EAD card said that it could serve as I-512 as well. After filing for extension, the new EAD card I have received says "not valid for reentry" and they sent me two AP documents. 

Is this what everyone has? Can someone go over documents that the airlines take and what happens at the port of entry on AP travel? I will appreciate it. 

Thanks, 

Ashu 

Thanks for clarifying. Can you pls tell how many "AP documents" will I need. I have two originals. Does the airline take one? I am assuming the airlines know about AP b/c generally they will look for a visa stamp or green card etc. 

Airlines do know about AP but before you go to actual gate for boarding there is a visa check for all US bound flights. This is where I had to face one issue. The officer did not understand what AP is but he had a reference book from US authorities and he scanned it and found what AP actually means and he let me in. Though such cases are rare.

Archived