H1b visa stamping outside of home country

Nanduram

Hi,

I came to US on F1 visa and later got my H1b in 2007. I went to Mexico to get my first H1b stamping in 2008. My 6yr H1b term expires this Sep 30 2013 and I already got another 3yr extension until 2016 since my I-140 is approved. My question is:

Can I go to Canada/Mexico to get my visa stamping? I've read somewhere that I have to go my home country (INDIA) since my last H1b stamping was done in Mexico. 

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

Hi,

I came to US on F1 visa and later got my H1b in 2007. I went to Mexico to get my first H1b stamping in 2008. My 6yr H1b term expires this Sep 30 2013 and I already got another 3yr extension until 2016 since my I-140 is approved. My question is:

Can I go to Canada/Mexico to get my visa stamping? I've read somewhere that I have to go my home country (INDIA) since my last H1b stamping was done in Mexico. 

Appreciate any feedback. Thanks.

we have the same situation. I had my first stamping back in my hoe country and i also had a approved i-140 pending for priority date

ad had new H1 b extension. I applied in vancouver canada last september 3. everything is okay. YES YOU CAN DO IT IN CANADA

• 4 weeks later...

Archived