H1 VISA extension and Start GC Application - Need your help!!

Hello Everyone,

Have 4 Yrs of education in Engg and 8.5+ years of experiencein IT. My employer is ready to initiate my GC process However my H1 get expire on Feb 2014. I am currently in the process of getting my Passport renewal (as it is going to expire on Jan 2014 as well) .

Now, My question is that, If I start my GC Process now, Will there be any issues for H1 extension? If yes, Is that safe to initiate the process after my H1 extension? Please help me to understand all the pros and cons of this move.

Thank you for your time!!

Thank you for your response..

GC Processing fee amount need to be shared between me and my employer. If in any case my h1 extension get denied, Do you think all the money that I have spent on GC process, would go in vein? Can I apply H1 Extension through other employer ? If yes, Can I still utilise that GC process?

Or Would you suggest me to initiate GC process after my extension approval? Please direct me.

No genuine employer would sponsor GC within 5 months of employment...seems like a ******** employer and you are asking them to file for it.

Genuine Employers DO sponsor GC for Genuine Employees  and does not make employee pay for PERM.    When I changed job ,  my condition was they should start my GC ASAP.  My GC was started within 2 months.    That was a Product company and I was one of only two H1 employee (the other one was from Europe) out of a total of 100 Employees.

As I said ,  some people see everything fishy based on their own past experience :)

OP,  Your employer's attorney will advise your employer if it is an appropriate time to sponsor a GC.  There are many factors that you may - and should - not be aware of that affect filing timings.

This is a long process. You must trust the attorney as he/she has the obligation to provide competent representation to his/her client (your employer).

OP,  If your education is in engineering, your credentials may not qualify for IT.  There are significant differences in the training for the two programs (documented by national committees). The requirements of the job are significant.

Just because your employer promises a GC does not necessarily mean that you meet the requirements.

Archived