Visitor visa for parents-in-law..Need help urgently

riju.itengg

I have L1 visa and my wife is in L2. She works in a company in US with her L2 EAD. I have sponsored for my parents visa on 24th May and they got the visa for next 10 years. Now I am planing to sponsor visitor visa for my mother-in-law and father-in-law. Please help me with the following questions.

1. Can I sponsor for my in laws visa right after my parents visa?

2. Is there any chance of rejection if I sponsor for my in laws?

3. Can my wife sponsor the visa for her parents as she earns well here?

You cannot sponsor  your in laws nor can your wife sponsor -- not now ,  not later.  

This is because there is NOTHING called sponsoring a visitor visa.    You can offer to pay the travel costs and that's it.   If they have enough fund,  they can say that they will pay for the trip (some says it is better). 

Whether you  or your wife pays for the trip has no bearing to their chances of approval.

I have L1 visa and my wife is in L2. She works in a company in US with her L2 EAD. I have sponsored for my parents visa on 24th May and they got the visa for next 10 years. Now I am planing to sponsor visitor visa for my mother-in-law and father-in-law. Please help me with the following questions.

1. Can I sponsor for my in laws visa right after my parents visa?

2. Is there any chance of rejection if I sponsor for my in laws?

3. Can my wife sponsor the visa for her parents as she earns well here?

1. self sponsor by your in laws could be best

2. cannot say

3. yes but still self sponsor is best

Hi,

My in laws can not go for self sponsor as they are retried person and I have to provide the funding for them.

To summarize, when my parents applied for their visitor's visa, they provided the I-134 form.  In the I-134 form, I showed that I maintained  $10,000 balance in my savings account. In the invitation letter, I wrote that I would be bearing all travel cost/health insurance for my parents. My parents got their visa on 24th May,2013.

Now, as I am going to do the same process for my in-laws i.e. providing the I-134 form with $10,000 and sending the invitation letter for my In-laws. Do you think this could be problem? as I used the same account balance for my parents visa.  

As in point "9. I have previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s). If none, state "None".", I will have to mention that I provided support for my parents.  

Please suggest

My in laws can not go for self sponsor as they are retried person and I have to provide the funding for them.

But they have to convince the vo that they have strong ties, like property etc.

If  you sponsor the trip, then what's the guarantee that they will leave after the vacation??

If they are retired and  cannot afford the trip, they are at high risk of overstay. 

Why do they need to come so soon after your parents visit? Since your wife also works, if you have children, it looks like babysitting is needed.

OP's parents got visa on May 24  and he posted his question on June 28 ... hardly a month.  The "6 month" theory probably does not apply here.  It is more logical to think that he wants his parents and in-laws to travel together so that he can show then the tourist spots in a single trip.  The idea probably stuck him later

Whatever it is,  we should remain objective instead of throwing mud based on some assumptions.

As a grandparent, I would love to be able to see and care for my grandchildren on a regular basis. Unfortunately, their parents' jobs and my spouse's job make that impossible. However, there is one big difference, as a USC I am free to do that here in the US.  I would not be able to have that opportunity if my grandchildren resided elsewhere given the work restrictions in other countries.

Guest workers and new LPRs and USCs should expect to follow US rules as they would/should expect to occur for guests in their home country. If people followed the rules, the many posts about parents unable to obtain a visa would be far fewer.

If a guest workers want their family members to care for their children, they need to take jobs back in their home country where the family members can do so legally.

Hi,

To summarize, when my parents applied for their visitor's visa, they provided the I-134 form.  In the I-134 form, I showed that I maintained  $10,000 balance in my savings account. In the invitation letter, I wrote that I would be bearing all travel cost/health insurance for my parents. My parents got their visa on 24th May,2013.

Now, as I am going to do the same process for my in-laws i.e. providing the I-134 form with $10,000 and sending the invitation letter for my In-laws. Do you think this could be problem? as I used the same account balance for my parents visa.  

As in point "9. I have previously submitted affidavit(s) of support for the following person(s). If none, state "None".", I will have to mention that I provided support for my parents.  

Please suggest

Did they even submit the I-134 to VO ? I doubt.  I-134 has no legal weight .  It is a piece of junk.   You can go ahead and say that you will bear the cost (I believe the new visa application form too has a place for it)  ,  or your wife can say she will pay .  There is no difference.

The real thing is ,  how do they demonstrate their tie to home country .

Guys, thanks for your reply. I was amused to see how people by default started thinking of my unborn baby , which I not even planned yet. Not sure if this is your basic assumption that doing parents visa means they are here  for baby sitting. Sorry, I don't belong to your default category and I would rather prefer hire a nanny incase it is required.

We were thinking to spend some time with our parents and that was motto of the visa processing. But instead of providing an answer to my question, people were interested to know what was the purpose of doing the visitor's visa.

Thank you again for your concerns. I had a good feeling about this forum but now i'm highly disappointed.

Guys, thanks for your reply. I was amused to see how people by default started thinking of my unborn baby , which I not even planned yet. Not sure if this is your basic assumption that doing parents visa means they are here  for baby sitting. Sorry, I don't belong to your default category and I would rather prefer hire a nanny incase it is required.

We were thinking to spend some time with our parents and that was motto of the visa processing. But instead of providing an answer to my question, people were interested to know what was the purpose of doing the visitor's visa.

Thank you again for your concerns. I had a good feeling about this forum but now i'm highly disappointed.

Like I said, all have to do is to convince the vo during the interview that they have strong ties and will come back after the vacation.

@OP, There is no concept of sponsoring a tourist visa. They should apply and mention they want to see you and the tourist sights in your vicinity. It is OK for you to pay. They need to mention a couple of months at the right time of the season...eg Buffalo in Winter makes no sense. Most Tourist visas are granted. Do not even attempt to coach them for the Interview. Actually they want to spend time with you and that is quite reasonable.

@OP, There is no concept of sponsoring a tourist visa. They should apply and mention they want to see you and the tourist sights in your vicinity. It is OK for you to pay. They need to mention a couple of months at the right time of the season...eg Buffalo in Winter makes no sense. Most Tourist visas are granted. Do not even attempt to coach them for the Interview. Actually they want to spend time with you and that is quite reasonable.

thank you for the suggestion.

As a grandparent, I would love to be able to see and care for my grandchildren on a regular basis. Unfortunately, their parents' jobs and my spouse's job make that impossible. However, there is one big difference, as a USC I am free to do that here in the US.  I would not be able to have that opportunity if my grandchildren resided elsewhere given the work restrictions in other countries.

Guest workers and new LPRs and USCs should expect to follow US rules as they would/should expect to occur for guests in their home country. If people followed the rules, the many posts about parents unable to obtain a visa would be far fewer.

If a guest workers want their family members to care for their children, they need to take jobs back in their home country where the family members can do so legally.

Dude, make sure you read or rather understand the post first before making such comments out of no where!

Archived