Period of stay for next visit??

sidDu1

hi. i visited usa this year for NBDE exam. i stayed for the whole 6 months allowed in the i-94 . Now i need to go back to give the part 2 NBDE exam. My B1/B2 visa is of one year period and the visa expires on October 12th. I would like to go to USA in the month of August and would like to stay for a period of atleast 3 to 6 months. 

How long will my I-94 period of stay will be for this time and can i go to canada and apply for B1 visa in canada or should i apply for a new B1 visa ,which will allow me to stay for longer period?

hi guys....the next exam deadline is  by mid November this year..but i would like to give it by mid august so that i can apply to universities...

In the first month of my previous stay i attend an interview and then stayed at relatives home in nyc and the gave the first exam in the third month . and then attended another interview at a university in the 5th month. i dint get enough time for part 2 exam..i dont want to mention anything about the interviews at POE nor the visa officer. If i POE officer asks how should i put this infront of the officer?

In my case the visa end by october. Will i be getting stay period for 6 months or just 3 months if i visit by this august?

Or should i apply for a new visitors visa now and explain to the consulate officer that i would visit again after October??

is there option of applying a new visitors visa in canada,( if i visit canada and apply for B1 over there)??

The visa is an entry document. The stay is determined by the POE Officer. If you tell him in very precise brief and well articulated words that you are here for giving the NBDE....Pronounce the acronym fully.... and that the exam is on so and if you have any other Interviews lined up you may mention that and if asked show the Interview letters, You will have no trouble.

The problem is..the interviews will mostly be lined up in Nov and december, may be even as late as january. But my visa expires in october.

so what options do i have?should i apply for a new one and anticipate that 10 year visa will be granted??

or is there opportunity for me to apply new visa in canada ( if i visit canada)?

The visa is only an entry document. Expiry of the visa while you are in the USA is Immaterial. The I94 you get on entry controls the length of stay. Potentially you can get an I94 till April. You need to make sure you enter before the visa expires. If you line up Interviews now over November to say February , you should be able to get a stay till February. A word to the wise. Dress professionally with maybe a suit and tie. Even were you to be sent for secondary Inspection that helps tremendously.

Archived