All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
infinitenumbers

OPT STEM EXTN worked for a non e-verified company for a month

Hi,

I am working on OPT STEM extension expiring this June-2013. In Feb-2013 I joined this company and today I came to know that it is not e-verified. They are filing my H1B this april-2013 and they asked me to work as a contractor for them through a e-verified company until they get e-verified (or OCT 1st, 2013 when my H1b starts which ever is earlier). They are trying to get e-verified asap. So my question is, since I worked for this non e-verified company for a month (which will possibly be e-verified when they file my H1b), would it cause any problem to my H1b approval? Your help is much appreciated.Thanks alot!

Under OPT STEM extension, you need to work for E-verified company, if not the work done will be treated as illegal work.

Contact some good immigration attorney ASAP.

How did you get your OPT STEM extension employment authorization approved, as the I-765 Application for Employment Authorization form under the eligibility category ©(3)© (17-month extension for STEM students) in question 16 requires the "Employer's E-Verify Company Identification Number".