H1b Transfer Multiple companies

sriswetha91

Hi

I am currently on H1b with company A my visa and I94 valid till June 2014 . I got an offer from company B and company B transfered my visa and it got approved in the mean time i got an offer from company C this is really a got offer and cannot effort to loose it . I am planning to join company C i have the below questions .

1. I dont have the I797 for company B though its approved . Is this required for transfering my visa to company C

2. Do i need to inform company C about my transfer to company B .

3.If i dont inform company C will i have any issues in future .

I am not sure even if i pay them company B is going to give me the I797.

Hi

I am currently on H1b with company A my visa and I94 valid till June 2014 . I got an offer from company B and company B transfered my visa and it got approved in the mean time i got an offer from company C this is really a got offer and cannot effort to loose it . I am planning to join company C i have the below questions .

1. I dont have the I797 for company B though its approved . Is this required for transfering my visa to company C

2. Do i need to inform company C about my transfer to company B .

3.If i dont inform company C will i have any issues in future .

I am not sure even if i pay them company B is going to give me the I797.

Any one have any suggestions ?

When does the I94 for A expire? Have you started working for B? Why would you countenance the thought of paying the employer to give you the petition approval copy when he is legally bound to provide it?

When does the I94 for A expire? Have you started working for B? Why would you countenance the thought of paying the employer to give you the petition approval copy when he is legally bound to provide it?

Company A I 94 expires in June 2014 . I havent started working for company A . I am not willing to pay them but i am planning to reject the offer then they might ask me for the h1B .

Please note i active on company A payroll and i can stay the same way till company C process my H1 .

If i reject the company B offer and if they withdraw my petition will it have impact on company C transfer ?

You join company B and get the I797 and inform company C that you will join them in a month. Work for B for a month and then use the paystubs of B to transfer your H1B from B to C.

You join company B and get the I797 and inform company C that you will join them in a month. Work for B for a month and then use the paystubs of B to transfer your H1B from B to C.

But i think for one month joining B is not a good one ...I am trying to avoid this .

You don't need to join B. You can use paystubs and I797 of A to get H1b done by C. No need to tell C about B. Remember, H1b is employer's sponsored visa. You don't need to tell about it to anyone. It won't create any problem in future. One can have multiple H1b filed/ approved at a time. But you have to maintain your H1b by working for "at least one employer". In your case, currently you are maintaining it with A, and in future you'll maintain it with C. B is out of picture. Hope this helps.

You don't need to join B. You can use paystubs and I797 of A to get H1b done by C. No need to tell C about B. Remember, H1b is employer's sponsored visa. You don't need to tell about it to anyone. It won't create any problem in future. One can have multiple H1b filed/ approved at a time. But you have to maintain your H1b by working for "at least one employer". In your case, currently you are maintaining it with A, and in future you'll maintain it with C. B is out of picture. Hope this helps.

But i have a question here .What is status of my I94 which one is a valid I 94 . The one with A is till June 2014 and one with B is till Nov 2014 which one should be treated as valid one when applying through B

I have a question regardin I 94 I have my I94 valid with A till June 2014 and B till Dec 2014 so which one is valid and used when applying for transfer with C

"What is status of my I94 which one is a valid I 94"

=> The one which is related to your H1b employer (I797) is your valid I94. The H1b employer is someone you are working for and maintaining your H1b.

As I earlier said, for H1b transfer you need to use the H1b details (I797 and I94) of the employer you are maintaining your current H1b.

But i have a question here .What is status of my I94 which one is a valid I 94 . The one with A is till June 2014 and one with B is till Nov 2014 which one should be treated as valid one when applying through B

Please any help on this ??

Archived