EVC = Suicide !

ottawa_rocks

How is EC not a genuine model. All big US consulting (Cannot mention names) comapnies provide service to big companies in US. If the company you are working for has a genuine contract with the client, how is that not real employment? All EC's cannot be fraud, please dont generalize the model. My company has more than 25000 employees world wide and provides service to major US based companies and companies around the world, you are trying to say since it is EC, they are not genuine? Not all US companies sponsor and hire H1B's. So why not reject any application which is not a direct employment, rather than approving it and then rejecting it and then reaffirming it again and then providing visa?

@giri26 Believe me if Infosys loses the case and if it is black listed by US government it would be real real hard time for the EC models too. I am not saying every visa belonging to EC model would be denied. But man, it will change the visa approval dynamics for real and for most of the aspirants.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JoeF is not suggesting that the true EC model is not genuine and legitimate (as a job or for an employer - employee relationship). (As I have posted previously, this is my current employment model.) What I think he is suggesting is that the entire consultant model (in all forms) is being tainted by all the known, well documented, and further alleged ‘shenanigans’ (abuse and fraud) with H-!B (and L-1) visas.

The best advice to individual visa holders ...

• Learn the applicable immigration laws, regulations, and rules from factual sources (not forums, blogs, or the opinions of other immigrants) -- and of course follow and abide by the letter and intent of the law.
  • Consult with a qualified, reputable immigration lawyer based in the U.S. who is working in your interest. (Do not hesitate to start by talking with more than one immigration lawyer.)
  • Assume that your situation is unique. Just because someone else is (apparently) in the same situation does not mean the outcomes will be the same. Each situation is treated on a case-by-case basis (with different people involved) and is thus unique.
  • Keep it as simple as possible. As best possible, refrain from changing from employer to employer (to employer) and/or visa type to visa type. While these changes are supported within the immigration system, they only serve to make things more difficult (and arguably suspect).
  • ALWAYS be truthful and honest with your lawyer, your employer, and the government. Omitting information, distorting information, falsifying information, or otherwise lying to your employer, lawyers representing them or yourself, or the government, whether on a legal document or not, is FRAUDULENT!

@giri26 Believe me if Infosys loses the case and if it is black listed by US government it would be real real hard time for the EC models too. I am not saying every visa belonging to EC model would be denied. But man, it will change the visa approval dynamics for real and for most of the aspirants.

My only frustration with the system is that it isn't consistent. Let them make it hard and let them scrutinize but let them do it at the time of approval of the petition. I dont understand how a person can be acceptable to the USCIS can be deemed as unfit for the visa by the visa officers. Just get some consistency and if my company is not good or not genuine, I would prefer to be rejected at time of filing the petition rather than going for a vacation and getting stuck for ages in an unknown country or at my home country because to different departments in US cannot agree with each others policies and decisions.

Yes. That was my point.

What I think he is suggesting is that the entire consultant model (in all forms) is being tainted by all the known, well documented, and further alleged ‘shenanigans’ (abuse and fraud) with H-!B (and L-1) visas.

That was indeed my point.

If the allegations against this one big consulting company are proven true, if even a big consulting company (which should know better) does fraudulent things, then it likely would become very very hard, if not impossible, to get any H1 through a consultant, even if a particular case may be legitimate.

Lol at all you guys who are complaining about the system. Look at your "system" in India first before whining it about here in US. I am not really supporting all of this by saying this particular statement, but some statements above are a "lol"

A desi always shoots another desi and with that philosophy laws only slap us in the face because we so proudly deserve it.

That was indeed my point.

If the allegations against this one big consulting company are proven true, if even a big consulting company (which should know better) does fraudulent things, then it likely would become very very hard, if not impossible, to get any H1 through a consultant, even if a particular case may be legitimate.

Even though you have a point here , the case against the big company you are referring to is with respect to a Business (B1) visa misuse . I dont think it has anything to do with H1 visa......But most of your other points are valid...

Even though you have a point here , the case against the big company you are referring to is with respect to a Business (B1) visa misuse . I dont think it has anything to do with H1 visa......But most of your other points are valid...

It has both a B1 and an H1 component, according to the news articles I read.

Lol at all you guys who are complaining about the system. Look at your "system" in India first before whining it about here in US. I am not really supporting all of this by saying this particular statement, but some statements above are a "lol"

A desi always shoots another desi and with that philosophy laws only slap us in the face because we so proudly deserve it.

Dude you are just taking this nowhere, we are not discussing about who has a better system, simply just raising some point which we feel is not fitting in the place for US H1 Visa, not Indian visa. it seems that your visa is approved but this doesnt give you any right to proove what is good or bad. Why dont you just keep the disscussion on the line instead of taking it to india china or any where else. No offense but do not make a comparison which is beyond the possibilities of your capability. Keep the words and statement in control and in the line of topic, dont drag it any where else to make it more hot.

This a open forum about the USA visa stamp, so no need to include other countries. Try to be polite and respectful for others and reply with the same even you feel annoyed or funny about any stuff. Humble request kindly Accept.

• 1 month later...

Archived