H1b_Stamping_In_Mexico

ripi

Hi All

Hoping to compile all Q&As relating to visa stamping in Mexico.

I have an approved H1B (3rd H1B) and I am planning to go to Mexico based US consulate for my visa.

My questions are :

1) I've heard that when you go to Mexico, as you leave USA, they give you a 14 day I94 that allows you to get back into USA even if your visa is rejected in the Mexico based USA consulate.

2) Has anyone had a visa rejection in mexico and returned to USA to continue to work on the approved H1B?

3) Has anyone been to the Mexico USA Consulate recently? What's the situation like there?

Are we expected to carry so many documents as are being listed in the other forums (by H1B visa seekers attending interviews in consulates in India)?

All of a sudden the situation has turned so scary for us.

Some of us are in the process of buying houses and other properties here in US and can't afford to invest anymore with a sense of comfort given so much uncertainty about us being able to travel in/out of USA (due to the visa stamping issues).

Prayers to all.

Thank you.

Hi All

Hoping to compile all Q&As relating to visa stamping in Mexico.

I have an approved H1B (3rd H1B) and I am planning to go to Mexico based US consulate for my visa.

My questions are :

1) I've heard that when you go to Mexico, as you leave USA, they give you a 14 day I94 that allows you to get back into USA even if your visa is rejected in the Mexico based USA consulate.

2) Has anyone had a visa rejection in mexico and returned to USA to continue to work on the approved H1B?

3) Has anyone been to the Mexico USA Consulate recently? What's the situation like there?

Are we expected to carry so many documents as are being listed in the other forums (by H1B visa seekers attending interviews in consulates in India)?

All of a sudden the situation has turned so scary for us.

Some of us are in the process of buying houses and other properties here in US and can't afford to invest anymore with a sense of comfort given so much uncertainty about us being able to travel in/out of USA (due to the visa stamping issues).

Prayers to all.

Thank you.

1. I am not sure about this issuing 14 days I94 while you are leaving the US, as we should turn in our I94 card while departing from USA. VISA is something which allows you to come to the POE in usa, if you dont have it then no other possible way to do so.

It is a good idea to carry all the documents as much as you can, working on EVVC, EVC model is highly risky for stamping, it is strongly suggested that do not go for stamping over such models until unless it desperately required.

There are so many people who got stuck in 221g process and after waiting for 5 months or more, lost their job, car, and all other belongings in USA. So please work on it properly before making any decision.

Good Luck

@ripi,

I am not sure about I 94 thing. I have got my visa stamped day before yesterday with no questions asked and in fact there were other 4 guys who attended the visa interview in Merida and all of them got approved with not too many questions asked. I recommend you go to Merida before too many people go there :-). I would say its a cake walk.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Srikanth, I am planning to visit US consulate in mexico for h1b 2nd time stamping ....I don't have much details about Merida cosnulate could you please share your experience like near by hotels to stay and processing time. I am on EVC model and can provide client letter, please advice if you suggest me to Merida us consulate.

Thanks in advance

Kumar

Archived