Mumbai - Case StatusTracker

mantmo

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes., status on USCIS website has changed to pending in last month. Its been a month now but no repsonse.

what would be next step ? How many days it will take them to get back to us ?

@Tailorv :

How do you check you status in USCIS website... are you checking with CEAC barcode number or any other way? Actually I also got 221g with yellow slip on 29th March.

Basically who asked you to check with USCIS ? ( little bit curious!!)

I heard from some one , if we didn't get any update with in 5 weeks , some one can go to corresponding state governor and can ask for help...this is happened to one of my friend...

Hi All ,

Following are details for 221g- yelloiw slip from Mumbai consulate.

Visa interview date :- 19 th Jan 2012

visa type :- H1-B Premium

221g :- yellow slip

CEAC barcode appered after :- 95 days

Passport sumbitted and waiting .

Common muslim name :- yes .

H1B visa stamp @ mumbai consulate.

• Interview date; 07 Feb 2012
  • Model: Direct Employer
  • 221G (color and docs asked); Blue, documents from employer and my side
  • docs submission date: 07 Feb 2012
  • 17 Feb 2012: email from consualte requesting addional documents from employer
  • docs submission date: 21 Feb 2012
  • Date CEAC barcode appeared on the website: still waiting.

So far no vefification conducted as per employer...DOS status is administrative processing...standard reply from VFS........All this while the rent+other bills keep piing on everymonth...not sure when this agony will be over...thanks to mumbai consulate.

Congrats shaunakonline! Did u went to Mumbai ? Did u see any rejections ? Did vo asked u any h1b docs of previous employer ? I have i797 and w2 only from my previous employer. Thank you for all ur help.

My interview was a decent one... Lots of questions but straight forward (You can refer ************ for sample question)

I carried all my new & old employer docs pay stubs w-2 tax returns bank statements etc., Not a single doc was asked.

Again this is my particular case, I would advise carry EVERYTHING you have with you.

Wish you good luck!

@ AL 786:

Can you please update us with your case status. Did you get the visa stamped yet? Mine is a similar case.

Interviewed on Second week of Jan 2012. (Almost 110 days back)

No Docs were asked they issued yellow slip and was told to look at the CEAC barcode and submit the passport.

Common Muslim name: Yes

@Tailorv :

How do you check you status in USCIS website... are you checking with CEAC barcode number or any other way? Actually I also got 221g with yellow slip on 29th March.

Basically who asked you to check with USCIS ? ( little bit curious!!)

I heard from some one , if we didn't get any update with in 5 weeks , some one can go to corresponding state governor and can ask for help...this is happened to one of my friend...

I found this info from this forum only. you can check through receipt number, mentioned in I797. I dont know how many days more i have to wait ..

I just got this message from mumbai consulate :

Dear Sir/Madam,

As per the US Consulate your case is currently on hold under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) pending the officer’s review. Section 221(g) of the INA prohibits the issuance of a visa to an individual whose application is incomplete or inconclusive, or whose eligibility has not been firmly established.

Regards,

Benoy

U.S VFS Helpdesk Team

How many days these guys required? Why they are keep it on hold instead of doing something on that...These guys are really crazy ....

Its almost 40 days since my interview....

@man_1975:

Congratulations on your visa. Can you please let us know what did they asked in your second interview? Thanks in advance.

Visa officer did not asked much question.she asked only one question where is your manager works?

she was the same visa offer who took my visa interview before. so she just asked my passport.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.....

I got a 221g yellow at mumbai consulate on Jan 23 and have been waiting sicnce then. 4 months already and still waiting. No documnets asked and after contacting VFS and DOS all they said was my casse is still pending. I dont think my case has been sent back to USCIS since i check my case status there regularly.

Please suggest if someone has been in a similar situation. Has anyone contacted a lawyer? can they even help in such a case?

Case : H1B Extension stamping. (1st extension)

Extension case was approved @ USA in Dec 2011 by premium processing.

I had waited for long after responding to RFE and then my employed filed for premium processing to avoid my return travel to India.

Interview Date : 29th Feb 2012 (H1 and H4)

I work in EC model.

Mumbai Consulate - 3 or 4 questions were asked client name, employee count of my employer with client, manager name, marriage date.

After the interview VO told me that everything is in order except that my petition status still showing Pending in her system. I do not have to submit any documents. She said its just a normal process and I need to wait until the petition status is updated in her system and handed over me a 221g YELLOW form.

I had no idea what the heck is this 221g at that time?

But as the days passed and I started looking for similar cases online, realized which mess I have been caught into.

My First Name is Chirag. I dont think its a common muslim name.

My wife's case was cleared after 2 weeks and her petition status moved to post decision activity on USCIS case status link.

Mine is still pending at Decision step. I am still hopeful seeing my wife's case was cleared.

What do you guys think .. do I stand a chance to hear the good news?

Hello everyone.....

I got a 221g yellow at mumbai consulate on Jan 23 and have been waiting sicnce then. 4 months already and still waiting. No documnets asked and after contacting VFS and DOS all they said was my casse is still pending. I dont think my case has been sent back to USCIS since i check my case status there regularly.

Please suggest if someone has been in a similar situation. Has anyone contacted a lawyer? can they even help in such a case?

same situation as you are in only difference is mine was on jan 18th. My case has been sent back to USCIS and its been 2 months since then and no news. I infact had a conference call withe USCIS officer and my employer. The USCIS officer has no clue where my file is what my petition is or what is being done to it. I dont know if it is an intentional effort or just plain carelessness. Anyways i have decided to move on than wait on this forever.

Not the info i think you wanted to hear but hey it just might be my case so!!

Case : H1B Extension stamping. (1st extension)

Extension case was approved @ USA in Dec 2011 by premium processing.

I had waited for long after responding to RFE and then my employed filed for premium processing to avoid my return travel to India.

Interview Date : 29th Feb 2012 (H1 and H4)

I work in EC model.

Mumbai Consulate - 3 or 4 questions were asked client name, employee count of my employer with client, manager name, marriage date.

After the interview VO told me that everything is in order except that my petition status still showing Pending in her system. I do not have to submit any documents. She said its just a normal process and I need to wait until the petition status is updated in her system and handed over me a 221g YELLOW form.

I had no idea what the heck is this 221g at that time?

But as the days passed and I started looking for similar cases online, realized which mess I have been caught into.

My First Name is Chirag. I dont think its a common muslim name.

My wife's case was cleared after 2 weeks and her petition status moved to post decision activity on USCIS case status link.

Mine is still pending at Decision step. I am still hopeful seeing my wife's case was cleared.

What do you guys think .. do I stand a chance to hear the good news?

Forgot to mention that I graduated in India as Chemical Engineer. Can this wait/check be related to TAL. Nothing was mentioned on my 221g except that the other option was checked.

Hi praveenpadman,

When you say move on...what do u mean? are u filing for a new h1 or a transfer? i am also looking at options but then i dont want to fall in the same loop again. What if you get a new h1 and it gets rejected? Have u consulted a lawyer?

Sorry for all the questions but i am really in a confused state of mind.

Jas_on_H1.. i know a lot are confused so am i still with the ongoing nonsense. yes moving on to other ways to get back. I had consulted a lawyer and he was of the opinion not to wait as it may even take up to a year to get this sorted out. Apparently every H1 filed is on case by case basis, so it does not have to impact to the fact that you have a pending issue. ( these is just my opinion based on my talks with a lawyer)

Gettign a new H1 is not guaranteed. But if you can get a Fulltime with a reputed company your chances are better ( Easier said than done) but no harm in trying instead of waiting and let some person in the consulate dictate your career and your life.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived