can i take my US born baby with me to VISA stamping for me & my wife

Amaresan

We have an appointment at chennai consulate and I have a 3 month old baby born in US. I am under the impression that i can take the baby with me. Do i have any problem ? Pls reply as soon as possible, I have appointment today.

Thanks,

Amar

Look into the passport and visa requirements.

We have an appointment at chennai consulate and I have a 3 month old baby born in US. I am under the impression that i can take the baby with me. Do i have any problem ? Pls reply as soon as possible, I have appointment today.

Thanks,

Amar

It may be too late to answer your question now as you have appointment today. I remember reading in some thread recently that they carried their US born baby to the consulate in Canada. But I would call the consulate and check first. Do you have an option to not carry the baby? I suggest you carry the baby as he/she is just 3 month old and you never know how long the interview is gonna take. The VO may ask about the baby's citizenship and it may workout well for you hopefully. Good luck and share your visa interview experience.

• 1 year later...

I received the following reply from the Mumbai Consulate.

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you would like your infant child to accompany you while you attend your interview.

With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that, ideally applicants without an appointment are not allowed inside the OFC or Consulate. However, taking your situation into consideration you may travel with your child and explain the situation to the official present. It could be an exceptional situation where they may allow your child to accompany you inside the premises. We urge you to, also make an alternate arrangement, to avoid any discrepancy.

We hope this answers your query.

Have a pleasant day!

Yours sincerely,

U.S. Visa Service Desk.

• 5 years later...

I spoke to http://www.ustraveldocs.com customer care. They indicated I can carry the passport and birth certificate for my 9 month old US citizen and request the officer. Would I still need to reach out to US consulate?

Can I reach out to Kolkata Consulate for the question to accompany my 9 month old US citizen infant using this email "ConsularKolkata@state.gov"?

Please advise.

Archived