i 485 approval notice received on Jun 10. No CPO/physical card yet. JoeF,Belle is that normal?

gcwait101

All,

We received our I485 approval notice email on 7th June and received approval notice (797) in the regular mail on June 11.There was no CPO email or physical card yet. How long we have to wait for it to get the physical card? Anybody is in the same boat ? Our online status changed from Initial review to Post Decision activity and currently it is at the same post decision activity.. thx a lot

Hello friends

My case - EB2 India, PD June 2006.

Filed 485 in July 2007, case was transferred to TSC.

Biometrics in November 2007.

On May 10 2011 I and my wife received a courtesy copy via postal mail of the approval notice (dated May 2 2011) for our 485, saying the

application was approved. The notice had the statement that we may need biometrics before we get the cards. The lawyer later confirmed that he

received the original of the approval notices.

On May 13 2011 got a notice for me and wife to appear for biometrics on May 20. My lawyer remarked this was unusual to get a biometrics after

approval. We had originally provided biometrics in November 2007.

When I checked the online status on May 13 it showed Card/Document Production - "On May 11 we mailed the document to the address on file ..". I

am pretty sure the document mailed on May 11 was the biometrics notice.

We attended the biometrics appointment on May 20 and now my online case status shows Card/Document Production - "On May 23 we mailed the document

to the address on file .."

However till June 23 I have not received any document or the card. I called USCIS customer service today since the 30 days were up. The

representative read the same status that I see online. She also informed me that no document was returned to USCIS as undeliverable.She advised

me to assume the cards have been lost and to file form I-90.

I asked my lawyer and he said I could try an Infopass appointment, but he felt they would also ask to file I-90.

I am not even sure that the cards have actually been produced and mailed, since others on this forum have reported seeing a different status once

the card is actually produced.

I am planning to go for infopass anyway so that I can at least get the stamp in my passport in the meantime.

Any advise or suggestions in this case? Should I contact local congressman or the senator? Or wait to see if infopass/I-90 leads to a resolution?

Thanks in advance

Belle,

Approval notice says following.

The above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing (photo/fingerprint/signature). Please do not take any action as this time.If you are required to report for this processing, you will receive another

notice advising you to date, time and location to appear.

If you have not received your permanent resident card or above mentioned notice to appear for biometrics processing within 90 days. Please call this office at the number listed below.

Thx

Looks very similar to my case. I received my approval notices on May 6th but no CPO. Made a couple of infopass appointments since then. Raised a service request at my first Infopass appointment and received response from the USCIS that they were waiting on my biometrics. At my second infopass appointment 2 weeks later, the officer handed me appointment notices for biometrics for 07/06 along with temporary stamp.

• 3 weeks later...

See if this helps

EB2 Category

May 24 2006: PD

May 4th 2011: 485 Approval. Online Status :Post decision for self. Decision for spouse

May 7th 2011: Welcome letter for self and Approval notice for spouse. The two letters were different. One said the card will be mailed soon and the other said it is apporved and we will be getting a letter soon.

May 19th: Infopass appointment as had to travel on business on May 24th. Got the temporary stamping done on passport. The infopass officer did not have any information on when the cards will be mailed. No issues while traveling back to US.

July 5th: Took another infopass appointment as have to travel again in August first week as the previous stamp was expiring mid August. The officer stmaped another temporary one and again did not have information. But the officer beside the counter overheard my conversation and looked into the system and said the cards were never ordered. He did something and said an email has been sent and our cards will be in our mailbox within two weeks.

July 8th: Online status changed to Card production

July 12th- Online status changed back to post decison for self. No change in spouse's status and an email received that they mailed the approval letter

July 14th: Received GCs in mail

I'm also in a similar situation. Our case was approved on July 11th, but no CPO or Welcome notice email yet. Customer support does not have any information on when the card will be ordered. I have an infopass appointment scheduled for next week.

Folks with similar situation please post your experience and let us know if you finally received the card or not.

Thanks

Originally posted by copsmart:

I'm also in a similar situation. Our case was approved on July 11th, but no CPO or Welcome notice email yet. Customer support does not have any information on when the card will be ordered. I have an infopass appointment scheduled for next week.

Folks with similar situation please post your experience and let us know if you finally received the card or not.

Thanks

Hope you get to hear some positive news from your Infopass appointment. Please share the details regarding your infopass appointment once you are done with it.

Take Infopass and visit the local USCIS office, you can get the stamping on your passport, that will be valid for a year. You don't have to be that much concern in getting cards, will get it eventually. Be happy that your case has been approved and no one can revert it back.

My 485 application has been approved on May 3rd. I got the approval notice around May 6th. After that no change, no cards, no update of the status...frozen :(. Called USCIS and opened SR couple of times. Visited USCIS office..but no use. To add to all these hassles, i moved to a different address. i called USCIS to update my address. First call, they said they won't change the address in case approved cases. Second call, they updated the address. Got the confirmation notice to new address. Not sure whether USCIS already sent my cards. If not, are they going to send new address?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Archived