renew green card

hi

i have got my green card since i was 12 years old and i was under control of my parents and after that i had to live with my dad and in this period of time my dad had a hard blood strock so i had to stay with him so, i have been out of U.S.A nine years ago with my brother .

My green card will expire soon and i would like to renew it(and so my brother). can they discover my ubsence even if i entered from Canada or can my brother enter with another identity (he has two legal passports with different name)

what should we do?

should we tell them the truth when i arrive?

if we tell them the truth will they take off our green cards???

Can't we renew it again?

thanks

please consult a lawyer.

it is always a bad idea to lie to an immigration officer. it is best to ask a legal advice from an immigration lawyer like murthy with regards to your case.

Originally posted by foxbrain:

hi

i have got my green card since i was 12 years old and i was under control of my parents and after that i had to live with my dad and in this period of time my dad had a hard blood strock so i had to stay with him so, i have been out of U.S.A nine years ago with my brother .

My green card will expire soon and i would like to renew it(and so my brother). can they discover my ubsence even if i entered from Canada or can my brother enter with another identity (he has two legal passports with different name)

what should we do?

should we tell them the truth when i arrive?

if we tell them the truth will they take off our green cards???

Can't we renew it again?

thanks

Originally posted by foxbrain:

but i have no time

Well, you will have to make time.

...and i don't know a lawyer for that!

You are posting on a forum run by a very-well-regarded lawfirm...

so what should i do

We already told you: Contact a lawyer!

what should happen if i said the truth , will they take my green card?or they would understand me

They could ban you for life.

Again, contact a lawyer BEFORE you do something silly that permanently bans you from the US.

And in case you haven't gotten it yet: Contact a lawyer!

Got it? Or do I need to repeat is once more? Contact a lawyer!

Archived