LOST GREEN CARD - ARREST RECORD -PLEASE HELP

Hi all, I recently lost my green card when I stupidly took it out as ID when my DL was misplaced. Needless to say I am now without a physical card. My next renewal was not until 2017. In 2008 i was charged with felony cocaine possesssion by HONESTLY being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I basically met some girls in a bar and got in their car with them for a ride to a party. The car was pulled over and one of the girls threw the coke on the floor. As no-one owned up to this, we were all arrested and months later, the charges dropped. In 2009 I was then unfortunately charged with DUI. My "conviction" was a favorable "suspended imposition sentence" which "falls off" in Jan 2012. I have full physical custody of a 5 year old boy who I've raised since he was 6 weeks old. He is a US Citizen. My DUI is classified as a misdemeanor I hear that the arrest record SHOULD not be a problem but I'm scared stiff of being deported and losing my son. These two marks on my file paint the entirely wrong image of me and I don't know what to do. ANY help or advice would be GREATLY received. For instance, what percentage of chance do you think I have of getting a replacement? What do I do to help these chances?

Thanks so much in advance.

Daniel Fitzgerald

Archived