Does this status means I-485 is approved?

gc_marathon

Hi,

I had a new I-140 approved under EB2 category last month which makes my priority date current (I am under ROW, rest of the world quota) to adjudicate my I-485. My attorney had requested TSC to link my new I-140 to the pending I-485 couple if weeks ago.

I received the following status online today.

Does this mean I-485 is approved? I searched the forum and found few people who had received this update but did not find many who confirmed back stating that it was the I485 approval followed by a receipt of a green card. I believe it must be the approval decision on the I485 but wanted to check if anybody recently had a similar status update.

Following is what I see online:

Decision

On April 18, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we had registered this customer's new permanent resident status. Please follow any instructions on the notice. Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later. If you move before receiving your card, please call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step the formal decision (approved/denied) is written and the decision notice is mailed and/or emailed to the applicant/petitioner. You can use our current processing time to gauge when you can expect to receive a final decision.

Thank you all for confirming this.

Great news indeed!

My EB3 PD is Sept 11, 2006 which will probably also become current maybe within 9-12 months based on some predictions.

But happy to get the the GC approved based on the new EB2 I-140,saved me at least a year. So it seems the effort put in was worth it.

I wanted to know if you guys had any experience with the approval for the derivative/beneficiary of the I-485. My wife is a beneficiary/dependent of the application but I have not seen any update on her pending I-485 application. Does my attorney needs to request to link her I-485 to my new EB2 I-140 or it should trigger approval of her I-485 after mine is approved?

Originally posted by gc_marathon:

My EB3 PD is Sept 11, 2006 which will probably also become current maybe within 9-12 months based on some predictions.

Where did you get that info? My PD is December 2005. Do you think my 13 years wait will be paid off in the end? I waited 13 years and don't mind to wait for another year.

@pontevecchio. Haha, I like you sense of humor. I will take that as I don't need to worry then I guess. Regarding receiving it on Saturday, I think USPS is going to stop saturday mail delivery in order to cut costs :)..which means I will need to wait till Monday after. All in all, it has been one frustrating journey to get this finally done.I would have received it 2 years ago if USCIS hadn't made an error on my I-140 the first time through.

@pernalguy

I am referring to EB3 for ROW. One of my friend who is also under ROW consulted with one of the senior attorneys at Murthy to see if he should look into starting a new GC under EB2. His PD is May, 2006. As per the attorney, the prediction was that he will probably receive the Eb3 before the EB2 if he starts the process now unless he is already done with new Labor cert, meaning the PD for EB3 ROW is likely to move faster.

Originally posted by pernalguy:

Where did you get that info? My PD is December 2005. Do you think my 13 years wait will be paid off in the end? I waited 13 years and don't mind to wait for another year.

How can you be waiting for 13 years when the EB3 date for India is 2002?

2002 + 13 = 2015 ?

I have seen u in several threads sayign you waited for 13 years. Can you please explain to the not so enlightened?

Thanks

Originally posted by strynz:

I have seen u in several threads sayign you waited for 13 years. Can you please explain to the not so enlightened?

Thanks

Here is my story.

I came to US in 1998.

Filed labor in June 2001 - company went out of business so labor never dealt with.

I filed another labor in 2004 in EB2 and denied since I didn't qualify.

Filed another one in 2004 denied.

Filed again in 2005 got approved and also I140 got approved and company went out of business.

Applied in 2008 and now I am waiting for PD.

Working on H1B since 1998 and kept renewing on approved I-140. Problem is my daughter will be 21 next year.

13 years as a programmer - no raise (fixed salary) and no change of position.

I have a situation now that the green card is approved and wondering if anybody knows an answer to the following?

I have a travel coming up to fly to Mexico for a vacation on April 30th for a week. I was planning to use my Advance Parole (Travel Permit) which was approved last month to re-enter the US. Now that my I-485 is approved, is my Advance Parole invalid and cannot be used for re-entry into the US? I am not sure if my green card will arrive in the mail by April 30th as it was just approved yesterday. I was wondering if anybody has any feedback on this matter.

"13 years as a programmer - no raise (fixed salary) and no change of position."

With so many LCs you could have changed your positions multiple times, and an increase in salary does not preclude you from using a labor with lower salary in any way. My job offer letter stated satary that was higher than that of LC. It just appears that there is a bigger problem here... like working for companies that regularly going out of business. It is also evident that you value your green card by far more than your career, in which case, people usually blow both. If I were you, I would be looking for a better job with a better company. Something you would not regret a bit if you had to wait for another 15 years.

P.S. Your daughter is an adult. It is sad you would not be able to give her a green card, but she can and should take care of herself now.

Even I have seen pernalguy saying that 13 years of wait in lot of forums... finally I know how it happened... I wanted to post my story... I have been in US for close to 14 years...still with out GC... EB3 India May 2004

1) came on Sept 3rd 1997

2) Did my masters and joined a firm in Nov 1999 on OPT

3) They did my H1B and started my LC processing in 2001 Jan but they went under during 2001/02 recession.

4) I joined another firm in August 2002 and after a long pleading they agreed to file GC in May 2004 in RIR mode but in EB3. They applied GC's for 6 candidates some have Masters and some don't but with the same title. Employer couldn't justify some need masters and some don't for the same title.

5) Got LC approved through BEC(Backlog Elimination Centers) after three years Dec 2006.

6) Got 140 approved in premium processing in time for H1B 3 year extension

7) Aug 2007 applied for 485 during that fiasco

8) working on EAD since...

9) Changed employer in Feb 2010... but no porting as new employer didn't agree to sponsorship ...just filed AC21...

so almost 14 years and counting...not even a single day of visa lapse...not a single query(RFE)...just a straight forward case pending for years...people who came to my university after me are citizens for about two years...destiny... patience... patience... patience...

Good luck every one...Hope for the best...Good things are around the corner...

Archived