Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Switch green card through h1b to marriage

Recommended Posts

I am new to the forum and was wondering if anyone in a similar situation can help me guide.

I came to this country on student visa and changed it to work visa h1b and applied employment based green card. It cleared the I140.

I am now married to an American citizen for a couple months now. Since the processing dates are way behind for employment based green card, I am thinking of applying the green card through marriage. I guess my questions are:

1. Can I file another application through marriage ?

2. If I can what steps should I follow?

3. How do I cancel my employment based application if I can apply though marriage?

4. If I need to switch from one to the other how do I do it?

Please ignore if I asked redundant questions

I really appreciate the help

Share this post

Link to post

You can always do the paperwork yourself and only pay the attorney to review it for correctness and completeness if cost of full service by an attorney makes a difference in using one.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this