H1 Extension Regular Processing-VSC- ** July** Only

dontspamme

niko, I think it's not correct for you to assume something like what you are saying. I'm not happy with their delays either but not beacuse of that I should judge them because they are "government"

employees or because they are in a holiday season "mood". Don't get me wrong, I know what you mean, you are not happy with the delays, but I don't think is correct to just write those statementes because you can do so. Just my thoughts.

It is what it is and without arguing, I will say that what I mentioned is true because I see this with my kid who is a citizen and works for the government. So I do not need to look far to know how government employees work and how dysfunctional government entities can be. In fact, I tell my kid to work in private sector for some years, which would teach many things about Capitalism and the real America that government jobs will not teach. In private sector there is much more efficiency and accountability.

It is because I understand the government organizations, my frustration level is lower compared to perhaps many others. This is a free country and anyone can express their views without fear just like I did and you did! Finally, I will add that there are always good and bad employees in all sectors. This is why if you get an efficient adjudicator, your case may be approved faster than if you get a not so good adjudicator.

The problem with government jobs is that they rarely lose their jobs because of inefficiency unlike in private sector. This is what leads to the inefficiency of government organizations, they are not managed effectively like the private sector organizations are.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

niko, I think it's not correct for you to assume something like what you are saying. I'm not happy with their delays either but not beacuse of that I should judge them because they are "government"

employees or because they are in a holiday season "mood". Don't get me wrong, I know what you mean, you are not happy with the delays, but I don't think is correct to just write those statementes because you can do so. Just my thoughts.

It is what it is and I speak from experience seeing my kid who is a citizen here and works for the government. It is not like the private sector where there is more efficiency and accountability. Government jobs are pretty well paid with excellent benefits. People are not fired as easily as in private sector for incompetence and management style is pretty laid back.

Like I said in my post, it depends on who is adjudicating your case and not all people working in government are bad, slow and laid back. If you get an efficient adjudicator, your case will be processed within a reasonable time-frame. My frustration level is not high since I understand how the government agencies function so I am able to manage my expectations well!

Since this is a free country, I am free to express my views without fear just as you are free to express yours! Good luck with your application.

HI Niko,

I agree that we both can express our ideas without fear, isn't wonderful? And I appreciate you not taking it in the "wrong way". I think that we have the same way of thinking , is not everybody working "slowly" just because they are government employees and we both agree that is not the best sector to learn efficiency :) Good luck with your application too!!!

This forum has been very helpful during this waiting period. Thanks again everyone.

I would like to share the details of my H1-B Extension Status to help other people.

H1-B Extension-7th Year- Regular Processing

Receipt Date : July 11 2011

Waiting for decision on H-4 extension of my wife.

H4-Receipt date : July 11, 2011

can anyone please let me know the diff....???

As per what I heard from others, received date is date on which application received and receipt date is date on which receipt was generated .. generalll EAC-11-XXX, this XXX is date on which receipt is generated .. this number is in based on "Julian date" format, (please know more about julian date in google instead of asking back to forum)

I also heard that Receipt date is more important from processing timeline perspective and not received date. . Thus if there is a delay in generation of your receipt .. it will impact your processing time .. e.g. your application was received on june 15 th .. but receipt was generated on July 1st .. you need to check processing time based on July 1st and not June 15th ..

As per what I heard from others, received date is date on which application received and receipt date is date on which receipt was generated .. generalll EAC-11-XXX, this XXX is date on which receipt is generated .. this number is in based on "Julian date" format, (please know more about julian date in google instead of asking back to forum)

I also heard that Receipt date is more important from processing timeline perspective and not received date. . Thus if there is a delay in generation of your receipt .. it will impact your processing time .. e.g. your application was received on june 15 th .. but receipt was generated on July 1st .. you need to check processing time based on July 1st and not June 15th ..

The information was very useful to us. Thank you.

Our receipt date is jul -23/2011 still waiting for the approval..

My Receipt Date is July 8th - But still didnt get any update from USCIS.

Anybody else got Approvals/Updates who has applied on or after July 8th. Please let us know. Thanks

Myself Applied for 7th year H1b extension and also H4 extension on July 8th- receipt Date ( I140 Approved long back). But i didnt get any update from the USCIS. But one of my friend had receipt date as 13th of July and he got an approval on 7th Nov.

When i checked in other posts in this forum, If we apply for the H4 extension along with H1B, seems it is taking more time than Single filing (Without h4 extension) in VSC centre.

Any Thoughts.

Important Update!!

My H1-B (Regular Extension) was filed on July 27,2011 @ VSC

This morning, (Nov 10, 2011) my attorney and myself called USCIS for case updates. According to them, even though processing times say 2 months they are backlogged by 3-4 months.

Currently they are processing July 1st week cases and for my case they said approximately it can up to 24 business days.

H1B - Extension

Receipt date : July 12th 2011

Status : Approved on Nov 10, 2011 (but it was updated in the USCIS site on Nov 15, 2011)

Post Decision Activity

On November 10, 2011, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129 PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER. Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

Good luck guys !!!

Archived