H1B Extension after I-140 approval

sindch

Dear Members,

Hoping for an answer to my situation. I worked in the US for almost 12 years on L1/H1B Visas and my GC process was initiated by Employer A (US employer). My I-140 got approved and I lived in the US for about 3 years after I-140 was approved. We have two children who are US citizens.

We moved to India for some family reasons. 

I plan to move back to the US in a few years before kids start high school. In this situation, what are my options to move back ?

1) I highly doubt my Employer A is still interested in applying for my H1B extension after these many years of leaving the company. I can still check, but doubt it. 

2) I have some contacts from other companies Employer B,C....who probably will come forward to do something for me. So is it an option to file an H1 extension based on my approved I-140 from employer A.

If this doesn't work - what are my other options please ??? 

All inputs are appreciated.

On 8/17/2021 at 3:27 PM, sindch said:

Dear Members,

Hoping for an answer to my situation. I worked in the US for almost 12 years on L1/H1B Visas and my GC process was initiated by Employer A (US employer). My I-140 got approved and I lived in the US for about 3 years after I-140 was approved. We have two children who are US citizens.

We moved to India for some family reasons. 

I plan to move back to the US in a few years before kids start high school. In this situation, what are my options to move back ?

1) I hiwork timeghly doubt my Employer A is still interested in applying for my H1B extension after these many years of leaving the company. I can still check, but doubt it. 

2) I have some contacts from other companies Employer B,C....who probably will come forward to do something for me. So is it an option to file an H1 extension based on my approved I-140 from employer A.

If this doesn't work - what are my other options please ??? 

All inputs are appreciated.

I would definitely try first option. You never gonna know whether he was interested unless you try.  

Good luck!