H1B Transfer without I-797 receipt or approval notice

yabtm199

I recently joined a company and got my H1B transferred. After joining I got a good opportunity and want to move to that one. While doing my H1-B transfer procedures they have asked me to give the latest I-797.

But, I don't have my I-797 receipt or approval forms with me. They are probably mailed to my company address instead of mine. I am afraid of asking for those since its a small company and everything is managed closely by the founder. They might suspect I'm leaving when I ask for it.

I have mailed my approval notice email to my new employer which has case number. I'm hoping this would be enough for applying for transfer. 

Could you suggest how to proceed with this situation?

Thanks did that and got the I-797 and even got h1b receipt after new company applied for my transfer 🙂

This is a new question, but if someone could answer it'd be great. 

Now that I have my receipt and my joining date was October 26th. Is it possible to resign next week? I used up most of my 60 days unemployment period when I first got laid off in May.