Current H1B expired, I94 expired, H1 extension in process with USCIS Can i transfer H1 with adjustment of status

Hello, 

My current H1 with company A expired on July 15, 2020 also my I94 expired on the same date July 15, 2020.  Company A applied for H1 extension on June 11, 2020 in normal processing. Now, I accepted an offer from Company B who is willing to do H1 transfer in premium. Can you please suggest,

Is it safe to apply for H1 transfer in this situation ?

If there is  RFE for my transfer application with company B, Is it possible that Company A will know about my transfer application ? 

If my H1 transfer with company B is approved before H1 extension with company A,  will it be consular process or adjustment of status ? Due to COVID, consular process interviews are suspended until Jan 2021.  

Appreciate you answers. 

Thanks. 

Shilpa

Edited by Shilpa2001
  • 1 month later...
On 7/29/2020 at 3:46 PM, Anusha24 said:

Hello,

In the same scenario as above ,Can you help me what should i enter in the expiration date field  in I-9 form when i join company B before i receive approval notice (joined with Case receipt).

Thanks,

Anusha

Hi Anusha,

I am also in same situation. Have you joined with Company B on receipt ? If Yes then can you please answer my below question? It would be real help.

My I 94 expired on 30-AUG-2020, my current company A applied extension  on JUN-2020 and that is still pending.

I got offer from B and they also applied for H1B transfer after my I94 expired and they are asking me to join on receipt.

I believe it would be bridge petition,

My question is

1. Can I join company B on receipt if my I94 expired.

2. If I can join on receipt then what are the documents I have to provide for I-9 form (please provide exact document name from list A or List B&C)