221g during COVID-19 and New Exec Order

Hi,

I have been living and working in the USA for last 11 years (in the same job and role) and have come here in February to get my visa stamping  (i came here about 5 times previously and got stamping easily done).  This time, in Feb, I got 221(g) and before processing was complete, the lockdown hit and now the exec order.    Based on the full text of order, looks like there were no exemptions made for individuals who have been holding H1B status continuously and just traveled out to get stamping done.   I want to know if any options to request exceptions.   The Exec order says that Homeland Secretary can recommend modifications within 30 days of this exec order.  So, if there are multiple individuals like me, who can group together and maybe a  combined petition would help? Or Are there other suggestions/ ideas?

President has the power to issue such EO and even supreme court sided with the administration during the travel ban were national security was given as a reason. In this case they are using high unemployment as a reason. I think litigating this might not be a good option.

But I think this EO can be challenged and an exception can be requested for those who don’t have a work authorization (like dependents).

Lets hope AILA might come up with something to sue the administration.