Start working with a new employer on receipt

akps

Hi,

I got laid off from my current employer due to COVID-19. My last date is 06/07/2020 and my I94 is valid till 09/20/2020. I'm still trying to find a new job. I have the following questions.

• I recently read that, I can't start working for the new employer on the receipt when I'm in the 60 days grace period. Does that mean that I need to wait for the transfer to be completely approved? How long I can stay in the US after the transfer application is submitted?
  • Since the premium processing is suspended, it will be a long wait. What are the other options I have in this situation?
  • Should I inform USCIS about my last working day?

You can start working for the new employer on USCIS Receipt number.

If you submit H1B petition before 60 days or I94 expiry which ever comes first you can work for 240 days while your petition is processing. At 241 day you need to stop working but can stay in USA while petition is still processing.

Nope. I guess your petition might have that information.

23 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

You can start working for the new employer on USCIS Receipt number.

If you submit H1B petition before 60 days or I94 expiry which ever comes first you can work for 240 days while your petition is processing. At 241 day you need to stop working but can stay in USA while petition is still processing.

Nope. I guess your petition might have that information.

Transfers are limited by 240 day rule.

On 5/26/2020 at 1:18 PM, akps said:

Hi,

I got laid off from my current employer due to COVID-19. My last date is 06/07/2020 and my I94 is valid till 09/20/2020. I'm still trying to find a new job. I have the following questions.

• I recently read that, I can't start working for the new employer on the receipt when I'm in the 60 days grace period. Does that mean that I need to wait for the transfer to be completely approved? How long I can stay in the US after the transfer application is submitted?
  • Since the premium processing is suspended, it will be a long wait. What are the other options I have in this situation?
  • Should I inform USCIS about my last working day?

1. You can start working on the receipt notice within the 60 day grace period. You don't need to wait for transfer to be approved. You can work as long as the transfer is pending.

3. You don't need to inform USCIS.