Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Temporary Birth certificate from Saudi Arabia

Recommended Posts

Hi, I am in process for filing a i-140, country of birth is India. My husband was born in Saudi Arabia. Can I apply for cross country chargeability ?   Also he has only temporary birth certificate. Will that be an issue?

Share this post

Link to post


"Document Name: Birth Certificate/ Birth Certificate for Non-Saudis.  Older versions of the birth certificate are either paper documents or small booklets issued by the Ministry of Health.  Either of these is acceptable for immigration purposes.  In the past, Saudi authorities would issue a ‘temporary’ birth certificate and hold the permanent document until the baby completed its vaccinations.  These temporary birth certificates are also acceptable.  For recent newborns, Saudi Authorities issue certificates in the shape of large notecards.  These are acceptable for immigration purposes.  When a baby is born, the hospital issues a birth notification to the Ministry of Civil Affairs.  The parents can then receive the birth certificate from the Ministry.  "

Cross chargeability would seem possible. Let a lawyer do the paperwork.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now