H1B Maxout in June 2020, PERM Approved, I140 yet to be filed

BOZ

Hi,

My H-1B Max outs by 13 June 2020. My Perm is approved but my I140 has not yet been filed any my corporate attorney will take another 3 to 4 weeks to file I140. 

1. Can i apply for my I140 and file for my H-1B extension at the same time ? Would this allow me to legally stay in US beyond 13 June without impacting my H-1B max out 
  2. Due to no international flights, i can not leave US at this point. What can i do to save on my H-1B so that when my I140 is approved, i can file for extension ? 
  3. What would be the process to change status to B2 and what are the impacts of it to H-1B? What would need to do to apply for my H-1B extension ?

I140 has to be approved for you to apply your 7th year extension. 

You don't need to save any period of your current H1 to apply for extension with I140. You can apply for B2 to stay beyond June 13th.

For B2, you will need to submit I539 and supporting documents for it. You can google it, its not a big list. Just proof of current status and financial documents.