Consular Notification & document drop off

I am in my home country India currently. My H1B visa was expiring in end of May so my employer had filed for extension under consular notification and it got approved. Can document drop-off facility be availed for such cases OR do we need to go for interview in person to the US embassy here ?

Edited by rivaldo

When you logon to appointments website, it'll ask you some eligibility questions to decide if u r eligible for drop box or interview. Out of 100, 99 people will be asked to come for interview  though u r eligble for drop box in this trump era.. that 1 person not sure who gets lucky to get visa through drop box is the luckiest.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rivaldo - When you reach the ustraveldocs step you might not get the eligibility questions. At least I didn't a month or so back. And I am aware of others who didn't either. It will lead you to appointment page (mostly). It might even ask you to book an OFC + actual interview date. Dates are in October etc. but all that needs to be updated in the back-end. All due to COVID. Anticipating updates once the consulates open up (soon).

Recommend you to still go ahead and schedule something to at least have your foot in. On your other thread I have commented on India transfer and also posed some questions. We are on the exact same boat.