H1b transfer - only 2 weeks remaining for 240 days timeline

murale

Hi ,

I got RFE for my H1b transfer and have only 2 weeks for 240 day rule. My employer planned to respond RFE in PP this Monday but USCIS stopped premium processing from Friday due to outbreak . Can I work if there is no response from USCIS after 240 day timeline (I have valid I-94 till June).

My employer asked me to stop working till I get my visa approved but I can stay till I hear from USCIS it seems.

But looking at current situation I don't think USCIS will respond for my case for alteast few weeks/months.

I would like to know 240 day rule applies to visa transfer also and stop working but stay until i hear from USCIS?  

If an H1B petition is an extension without change then employment extends for 240 days past the I94 expiration date. Generally, though, if the extension petition is for a change in employment, then work authorization extends to the end date requested on the I-129. The 240 day rule does not generally apply to change of employer petitions.

2 hours ago, Attorney_15 said:

If an H1B petition is an extension without change then employment extends for 240 days past the I94 expiration date. Generally, though, if the extension petition is for a change in employment, then work authorization extends to the end date requested on the I-129. The 240 day rule does not generally apply to change of employer petitions.

My H1B petition is change of employer(Transfer) not extension. I still have I-94 that expires on June.

• 2 months later...