Drop box to Interview

Hi,

I have Visa until June 2020 but still applied for H1B visa extension by drop box. But consulate requested for interview without canceling my previous visa. Because of the current situation consulate here are not accepting any interviews until mid April. 

my question is can I travel back with my old Visa which is still valid instead of waiting for interview in mid April. 

On 3/17/2020 at 4:36 PM, Karthik11 said:

Hi,

I have Visa until June 2020 but still applied for H1B visa extension by drop box. But consulate requested for interview without canceling my previous visa. Because of the current situation consulate here are not accepting any interviews until mid April. 

my question is can I travel back with my old Visa which is still valid instead of waiting for interview in mid April. 

Its better to check with an attorney, but I feel you should be able to travel back by withdrawing your visa petition and If you can find a way to come back with the current lock down. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

Your situations is unique. Though you have a valid visa on your passport, it is very much possible that you could be stopped at the port of entry for secondary inspection since you already applied for renewal and been called for an in-person interview. There is a definite risk involved in travelling in this situation. So we would suggest you take this into account before deciding on your future course of action. Should you need help, you can reach us on info@murthyindia.com.