H1B visa stamping in Mexico

Hello Advisers,

Need your advise, I recently did the H1B transfer and got approved till 2022, my wife's H4 Biometric is done and we waiting for her I-797 to arrive.

I was planning to go for Visa stamping in Mexico, before i proceed I need few questions to be answered. Me and My wife have valid visa till June 2020.

1. As we have Indian passport, do we need Mexico tourist visa ?

2. Do I need to wait for my wife I-797 to come or she can get her visa stamped on passport based on my I-797 which is valid till 2022.

3. What all documents should i take with myself for visa stamping ?

4. Which place you suggest to visit in Mexico for H1B stamping ?

Edited by dtahiliani

1. If you have a stamped US visa, you don't need mexican visa.

2. You need your wife's H4 to be approved, but i don't think you need her I-797 for that. If hers is also approved, you don't need to wait for the document.

3. Check embassy website.

4. I don't know. But pls also keep in mind that if your stamping gets delayed, you might need to stay in that country longer than expected. Be prepared for that. I have seen cases where they will first cancel existing VISA and then issue 221G. That means you will be stuck in that country until the final stamping is done. So pls be aware of all risks before taking your decision.

To the best of my knowledge, your spouse will get a new I94 number, based on your current H1b visa ex. 2022.  Her current H4 (when approved) may become invalid/unnecessary with this visit. Make sure that your passports are valid for many months (preferably beyond year 2022). Also, 90 percent of the people in Mexico know only Spanish.  Hope you are good in Spanish or find someone who is dual linguistic and can help you in case you have any questions or concerns.  Good to check with an attorney.