H4 dropbox questionnaire

Hi,

Recently I had attended for H4 visa stamping interview alone with my husband's company A  i797  copy and got h4 visa stamping till Dec 2020. My husband recently  did h1b transfer  with the new employer and his transfer petition is approved. His joining date with the new employer will be in the first week of february.  I am planning to travel to US  in February last week or in April . Is it ok  for me to travel with previous employer h4 stamping and show the new i797 at POE? If I opt to go for H4 dropbox appointment as I qualify for it, I have a question regarding  the h4 dropbox documents to submit. I read it in few sites stating that to carry the principal applicant's previous or valid h1b visa . My husband does not have any previous h1b visa stamping on his passport as he has not travelled outside US for the last 6 years. Will it be suffice if I carry the principal applicant's recent approved i797 copy from the new employer? Please suggest.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you

Edited by kavitha_ksk
On 1/24/2020 at 4:50 AM, kavitha_ksk said:

Hi,

Recently I had attended for H4 visa stamping interview alone with my husband's company A  i797  copy and got h4 visa stamping till Dec 2020. My husband recently  did h1b transfer  with the new employer and his transfer petition is approved. His joining date with the new employer will be in the first week of february.  I am planning to travel to US  in February last week or in April . Is it ok  for me to travel with previous employer h4 stamping and show the new i797 at POE? If I opt to go for H4 dropbox appointment as I qualify for it, I have a question regarding  the h4 dropbox documents to submit. I read it in few sites stating that to carry the principal applicant's previous or valid h1b visa . My husband does not have any previous h1b visa stamping on his passport as he has not travelled outside US for the last 6 years. Will it be suffice if I carry the principal applicant's recent approved i797 copy from the new employer? Please suggest.

Appreciate your help.

Thank you

You don't need new visa stamping. Just show your spouse new I-797 at port of entry. That is enough.