how long we can work outside us In us payroll on h1b

Aathi

I am on H1B post 6 years with approved 1-40 with my previous employer and my current US employer started my PERM process. Now my mother is sick and i need to work from India for sometime. How long i can stay outside US in US payroll on H1B? Will there be problem if i go for my extension which might be end of this year or early next year with my current employer (have stamping).  Please provide possible options for working from India for few months. Thanks !

On 1/14/2020 at 4:34 PM, Aathi said:

I am on H1B post 6 years with approved 1-40 with my previous employer and my current US employer started my PERM process. Now my mother is sick and i need to work from India for sometime. How long i can stay outside US in US payroll on H1B? Will there be problem if i go for my extension which might be end of this year or early next year with my current employer (have stamping).  Please provide possible options for working from India for few months. Thanks !

I don't think that will be a problem if your employer is OK with it. Check if they are willing to file for an extension while you are in India or do they want you to be back to file for an extension. 

Hope your mother feels better soon!