Multiple H1s and H4, H4 EAD

Hi,

I applied for my h1 extension in premium along with my wife's h4 and ead and got my h1 approved till December 31'st 2019. My wife's h4 and ead are still pending and she has finished her biometrics screening for h4. I applied for an extension again in premium with my wife's h4 and ead since the previous h1 approval was for a short duration and got it approved for 3 years. My wife gave her biometrics screening again but both the h4 and ead applications are still not approved.  Meanwhile, I got an offer from a different company and they have started only my h1b in premium processing without my wife's h4 and ead.

Questions we have:

1). Till when can we expect the hand ead approval to be if it is approvedWill it be till December 31'st or for 3 years or based on my latest h1b transferif I get for 2 years for examplewill the hand ead be approved till that period?

2). Since I am moving to a different employershould we file for hand ead againcan we not get approval for previous applicationsIf we have to file them againhow soon should we be doing it?

8 hours ago, ArjunReddy9 said:

Hi,

I applied for my h1 extension in premium along with my wife's h4 and ead and got my h1 approved till December 31'st 2019. My wife's h4 and ead are still pending and she has finished her biometrics screening for h4. I applied for an extension again in premium with my wife's h4 and ead since the previous h1 approval was for a short duration and got it approved for 3 years. My wife gave her biometrics screening again but both the h4 and ead applications are still not approved.  Meanwhile, I got an offer from a different company and they have started only my h1b in premium processing without my wife's h4 and ead.

Questions we have:

1). Till when can we expect the hand ead approval to be if it is approvedWill it be till December 31'st or for 3 years or based on my latest h1b transferif I get for 2 years for examplewill the hand ead be approved till that period?

2). Since I am moving to a different employershould we file for hand ead againcan we not get approval for previous applicationsIf we have to file them againhow soon should we be doing it?

1. They will consider the new expiry date.

2. Not needed. You can wait for the approvals for previous application.

Your first H4 and EAD will be approved till Dec 31st. Your next H4 and EAD will be approved for 3 years based on the H1 Petition. 

If your new H1 transfer is approved and you move to the new employer and your current employer withdraws the H1 which was approved for 3 years, then the H4 and EAD will be canceled. Your wife will be out of status if this happens.

So to be safe its better to apply for H4 and EAD along with the transfer.

13 hours ago, User099 said:

Your first H4 and EAD will be approved till Dec 31st. Your next H4 and EAD will be approved for 3 years based on the H1 Petition. 

If your new H1 transfer is approved and you move to the new employer and your current employer withdraws the H1 which was approved for 3 years, then the H4 and EAD will be canceled. Your wife will be out of status if this happens.

So to be safe its better to apply for H4 and EAD along with the transfer.

No, the H4 and EAD won't be canceled in that case. They stay valid based on the new H1 petition.