I-539 - H4 Extn - Question 14 help

TRC2017

Hi,

I am filling I-539 extension application. In Part 4, question no 14 is as follows

Have you, or any other person included in this application, been employed in the United States since last admitted or granted an extension or change of status?

What should I select for the above question 'Yes' or 'No', based on my situation explained as below.

I was selected for a substitute clerical position in a School District and the school district board meeting happens on 12/12/2019 in which they will be issuing a letter which is a kind of offer letter. I already gave my details and fingerprints for verification, and signed on-boarding paper work and submitted the tax forms. This job is not a full time one. This is a substitute position and I will have to go to school for work if they asked me to work for any day for the specified time. I am not sure when they are going to call me to ask to work.

My I539 application will be submitted in the next week, hopefully on 12/16/2019.

What should be my answer to the 14th question? Do I say "Yes" and provide the employer & job details in Part 8, Additional Information section?

Thanks in advance.

23 hours ago, TRC2017 said:

Hi,

I am filling I-539 extension application. In Part 4, question no 14 is as follows

Have you, or any other person included in this application, been employed in the United States since last admitted or granted an extension or change of status?

What should I select for the above question 'Yes' or 'No', based on my situation explained as below.

I was selected for a substitute clerical position in a School District and the school district board meeting happens on 12/12/2019 in which they will be issuing a letter which is a kind of offer letter. I already gave my details and fingerprints for verification, and signed on-boarding paper work and submitted the tax forms. This job is not a full time one. This is a substitute position and I will have to go to school for work if they asked me to work for any day for the specified time. I am not sure when they are going to call me to ask to work.

My I539 application will be submitted in the next week, hopefully on 12/16/2019.

What should be my answer to the 14th question? Do I say "Yes" and provide the employer & job details in Part 8, Additional Information section?

Thanks in advance.

No.

On 12/11/2019 at 1:18 PM, shekar11# said:

No.

Thanks for the response. I just remember that in the last month, I submitted her educational certificate copies, filled I9 forms, tax forms and NY State Oath forms etc., (these are part of on-boarding documents process).

Based on you response, my understanding is that even I submitted all the documents and gave my approval to join the job, but until I report to the office and start working, I am considered as "not employed with that organization" right?

I am just ensuring my understanding here.

Appreciate your response.

6 hours ago, TRC2017 said:

Thanks for the response. I just remember that in the last month, I submitted her educational certificate copies, filled I9 forms, tax forms and NY State Oath forms etc., (these are part of on-boarding documents process).

Based on you response, my understanding is that even I submitted all the documents and gave my approval to join the job, but until I report to the office and start working, I am considered as "not employed with that organization" right?

I am just ensuring my understanding here.

Appreciate your response.

Right