H1B Visa Stamp - Chennai ( Blue 221-g )

npt

Hi,

I recently got approved for Change of Status from F1 to H1B. I have a masters degree from the US in Computer Science and have been working on F1 OPT with a US based company  as a full time employee for more than two years. 

I got my H1B petition approved and I came for my stamping interview to Chennai,India where the Visa officer retained my passport and i was issued a 221 g blue slip. VO also informed that my F1 visa will be cancelled. 

Request you to let me know where can i check the status of my case and what is the wait time. I am worried and would appreciate suggestions from anyone who has faced similar situation 

I am sorry for your 221G. With limited details we can just give you general advise.

Now a days lot of RFE while H1B application processing and 221G for visa interview. Your profile looks clean from what you said. Just hang on and hope for the best. Be strong and I know this is tough time for you now.

No time line. Each case is unique.

my F1 visa will be cancelled.  - this is normal.

where can i check the status of my case  - 221G slip will have details. Try this https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx give your DS 160 confirmation number which starts with AA...

On 11/18/2019 at 2:46 PM, npt said:

@gopalakrishnachThanks for the response. Any guess as to why they would want to do administrative processing when all the relevant documents are already provided. i am curious as to what would have prompted for the Admin processing. 

You could have asked that while the officer handed 221g slip over to you. If you want me to take a guess, I would say they want to verify you did not violate F1 status by using illegal CPT.