H1B transfer electrical engg

sunny256

Hi

I'm currently working on h1b with employer A for 10 yrs since my Masters in Electrical engineering completed. Had H1B and multiple extensions with I 140 approved.

I received offer from client for FTE in which client immigration team raised a concern

Current immigration climate we have seen concerns/questions regarding the degree relevancy in cases where the beneficiary holds a electrical engineering and offered a IT job.

They are Requesting evidence/evaluation on how a degree in electrical engineering can be technical and relevant to IT/Computer and can work in IT.

Appreciate your responses.

Thanks

The client immigration team is ahead of their game. It looks now a days they are following H1B application success rates and RFEs and most of the time the RFE will be speciality occupation where it is expected that field of study and job matches and it looks like in your case they do not match and they are pro-active in your case.

It is clear your study is Masters in Electrical engineering  and you are offered IT job. This is big red flag if they do not match.