H1B Stamping - 221 G Blue Slip with documents required

ss2394

I recently got approved for Change of Status from F1 to H1B. I have a masters degree from the US in biotechnology and have been working on F1 OPT with this large consulting firm for the last two years. My company's projects keep changing for the employees so my original H1B application was only filed with my company's office address (location A). 

After switching to H1B on October 1st, 2019, I stopped traveling to the client site and continued to work on the same project from location A while the project is in Location B. My lawyers told me that this is not a problem. My company is currently in the process to File for LCA but told me I need to be in the US to do the filing so they told me to go for my stamping and they will file the LCA after that. 

I came for my stamping interview to India where my passport was returned i was issued a 221 g and asked to submit either a contract with terms and agreement or a client letter stating there is a vacancy for me. 

Will there by a issue with my application when they submit a contract with the client as I don't have a filed LCA for location B?

Other case facts: My H1B application was rejected in 2018 and grounds are not known to me as my company does not share this information. I was on F1 with OPT so continued to work there.

On 11/3/2019 at 1:41 AM, ss2394 said:

I recently got approved for Change of Status from F1 to H1B. I have a masters degree from the US in biotechnology and have been working on F1 OPT with this large consulting firm for the last two years. My company's projects keep changing for the employees so my original H1B application was only filed with my company's office address (location A). 

After switching to H1B on October 1st, 2019, I stopped traveling to the client site and continued to work on the same project from location A while the project is in Location B. My lawyers told me that this is not a problem. My company is currently in the process to File for LCA but told me I need to be in the US to do the filing so they told me to go for my stamping and they will file the LCA after that. 

I came for my stamping interview to India where my passport was returned i was issued a 221 g and asked to submit either a contract with terms and agreement or a client letter stating there is a vacancy for me. 

Will there by a issue with my application when they submit a contract with the client as I don't have a filed LCA for location B?

Other case facts: My H1B application was rejected in 2018 and grounds are not known to me as my company does not share this information. I was on F1 with OPT so continued to work there.

This is a tricky situation. Your employer's attorney should be able to handle that. They said it is not required for LCA. Let the forum know about the decision. Also biotechnology degree go through more administrative processing.

• 2 weeks later...