H-1B - 221g - Stuck in India

Hello All, 

• Went to India in mid June 2019 and had stamping appointment 3rd week of June. 
  • EVC model - Provided documents such as Client letter, LCA, 6 month pay stubs, W2.
  • VO Issued a 221G - Administrative Processing. 
  • Multiple emails were sent to Consulate and some of the emails were responded to with a standard response while other emails were ignored.
  • Senator and Congressman inquiries have not yielded any results, only standard responses.
  • Case has crossed 3.5 months already.

Can someone please answer below?

1. Can anything else be done to follow up on these type of cases which we have no clue about?

2. Since I am not sure how long to wait for this, if I plan to convert to H4 using my spouse's H1, will the H1 visa processing stop right away or do I have time until the H4 interview?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you in Advance!

Edited by h1beneficiary
typo

Senator and Congressperson emails are completely and totally irrelevant and won't help anyrhing. That's just a waste of time.

The only thing that matters is that the job qualifies for an H,q, and that there is an employer-employee relationship, which with EVC pretty much never is. Can your employer show up at the client and direct to work?

The bottom line: avoid EVC, find a direct employer or EC at most.

On 10/14/2019 at 7:59 PM, h1beneficiary said:

Hello All, 

• Went to India in mid June 2019 and had stamping appointment 3rd week of June. 
  • EVC model - Provided documents such as Client letter, LCA, 6 month pay stubs, W2.
  • VO Issued a 221G - Administrative Processing. 
  • Multiple emails were sent to Consulate and some of the emails were responded to with a standard response while other emails were ignored.
  • Senator and Congressman inquiries have not yielded any results, only standard responses.
  • Case has crossed 3.5 months already.

Can someone please answer below?

1. Can anything else be done to follow up on these type of cases which we have no clue about?

2. Since I am not sure how long to wait for this, if I plan to convert to H4 using my spouse's H1, will the H1 visa processing stop right away or do I have time until the H4 interview?

Any help is appreciated! Thank you in Advance!

Hi H1BENEFICIARY,

What was the reason for 221G?  did they contact your client HR?  Are you still working from India?  

6 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

After convertng to H4 your employer can withdraw your H1B. But while going for H4 visa interview they might try to look into your H1B 221G.

What is your job title and education bakcground ?

Yes, I understand that employer can withdraw the petition.  But my question really is, does the US Consulate stop processing my H1B application the moment I schedule my H4 interview or do I stand a chance to get a decision for my H1 before I attend my H4 interview ?

And will the 221g history cause trouble with H4 approval?

Software Engineer with a Bachelors degree. 

• 2 weeks later...