H1B stamping in Toronto Canada, VO approves 221G in Mail

Hi All,

I attended my second H1B stamping in Toronto Canada on the fist of October. I was asked a few basic questions and VO told me that my visa is approved and I can have my passport back in 3 to 5 business days.

On 2nd of October, got a email that shipping label has been created and package is waiting to be picked up.

Received a confirmation that my passport is ready for pick up in the Canada post location, so I walked into the location and picked up passport.

My passport do not have the new visa, instead there is letter in my envelope mentioning that my visa is undergoing necessary admin processing and so they are returning my passport Incase if I have any travel arrangements outside of Canada.

I haven’t heard of this kind of scenario ever.

Now can I enter back to the us, since I have my I797 approval and my I94 ?

please help..

I am not really sure you are eligible to travel this way or not cause your case is unique as you have your visa pending with consulate, there is a thing called Automatic Revalidation, which lets you travel to Canada or Mexico and return within 30 days with an I-94 on I-797 without a visa stamp.

Here is the link https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/visa-expiration-date/auto-revalidate.html

Disclaimer: this is not legal advice.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:53 PM, Anudeep114 said:

Hi All,

I attended my second H1B stamping in Toronto Canada on the fist of October. I was asked a few basic questions and VO told me that my visa is approved and I can have my passport back in 3 to 5 business days.

On 2nd of October, got a email that shipping label has been created and package is waiting to be picked up.

Received a confirmation that my passport is ready for pick up in the Canada post location, so I walked into the location and picked up passport.

My passport do not have the new visa, instead there is letter in my envelope mentioning that my visa is undergoing necessary admin processing and so they are returning my passport Incase if I have any travel arrangements outside of Canada.

I haven’t heard of this kind of scenario ever.

Now can I enter back to the us, since I have my I797 approval and my I94 ?

please help..

No you cannot enter back to USA by using AVR as there is parameter mentioned to use AVR - If you have appeared for visa stamping and your visa is denied or still in process then an applicant will not be eligible to AVR entry to USA.