Missed to apply H4 extension and I 94 expired for 8 days.

rizzu1990

My husband’s H1B got approved on September 13, 2019. However I have missed to file the H4 extension and my I-94 got expired on 09/15/2019. I am leaving the country today 09/23/2019 to get my H4 stamping done. what should I answer the following question in DS160 form. "Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?" Yes or No.  
If I need to answer YES, what is the best explanation I can provide to avoid any issues. Can I say the truth, I was missed to file the extension because I was under the impression that my husband's extension application is enough. 

17 hours ago, rizzu1990 said:

My husband’s H1B got approved on September 13, 2019. However I have missed to file the H4 extension and my I-94 got expired on 09/15/2019. I am leaving the country today 09/23/2019 to get my H4 stamping done. what should I answer the following question in DS160 form. "Have you ever been unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa?" Yes or No.  
If I need to answer YES, what is the best explanation I can provide to avoid any issues. Can I say the truth, I was missed to file the extension because I was under the impression that my husband's extension application is enough. 

Say Yes and just explain. At least you realized lot quicker. 8 days will not be a big issue if you answer correctly.