H1b stamping 221g.

My husband was arrested on DV misdemeanour charges 4 years back. Case was dismissed and expunged as well. He had successful  h1b extension. We are currently in india and we went to chennai for visa stamping... they gave 221g and asked us to bring police report.. it is currently in administrative process..we have consulted immigration attorney and trying to arrange necessary document.. 

Meanwhile i just wanted know if anyone has gone through similar circumstances and how long did it take you to get your visa  stamped? What are the legal consequences that we might face according to your experiences... 

kindly reply.. situation is making us really worried. Thank you.

On 9/14/2019 at 6:31 AM, Destinywaits said:

My husband was arrested on DV misdemeanour charges 4 years back. Case was dismissed and expunged as well. He had successful  h1b extension. We are currently in india and we went to chennai for visa stamping... they gave 221g and asked us to bring police report.. it is currently in administrative process..we have consulted immigration attorney and trying to arrange necessary document.. 

Meanwhile i just wanted know if anyone has gone through similar circumstances and how long did it take you to get your visa  stamped? What are the legal consequences that we might face according to your experiences... 

kindly reply.. situation is making us really worried. Thank you.

There is no specific timeline. But it might take anywhere from 7 to 10 weeks for these types of cases.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...