i94 number is different on i797 and online i94 website.

Hello Everyone,

Here is my concern...Due to emergency situation i travelled to india in 3rd week of March and return to USA in first week of April(7th) on Valid F1 visa Status . My employer filled my H1 cap COS by using my old i94 (F-1 D/S) on April 1st. My H1B and COS both got approved yesterday August 12th, But my i94 # on i797 card attached is old one and latest i94 # in the website is new one from April 8th port of entry (F-1 D/S).

Now , which i94 will be valid from october 1st? Do i need to travel again and get it stamped or can i continue working with out any issues as COS approved?

I am bit confused and worried.

Thanks & Regards.

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2019 at 3:35 PM, surya1119 said:

Hello Everyone,

Here is my concern...Due to emergency situation i travelled to india in 3rd week of March and return to USA in first week of April(7th) on Valid F1 visa Status . My employer filled my H1 cap COS by using my old i94 (F-1 D/S) on April 1st. My H1B and COS both got approved yesterday August 12th, But my i94 # on i797 card attached is old one and latest i94 # in the website is new one from April 8th port of entry (F-1 D/S).

Now , which i94 will be valid from october 1st? Do i need to travel again and get it stamped or can i continue working with out any issues as COS approved?

I am bit confused and worried.

Thanks & Regards.

The I-94 on the I-797 is valid. Don't worry, you can work as your COS is approved. No need to go out of country.