I-485 before approval of I-130

1 hour ago, newacct said:

It says to use Dates for Filing chart for family-based categories for AOS for Jul 2019, and that chart is not current for F2A, but at March 2019. It is unclear whether you can argue that you should be able to file based on Final Action Dates.

Exactly!

I always thought Final action chart always moves behind or Date of filing chart. And Final action chart is the one we should follow to get things moving; sometimes Date of filing is just for filing and nothing happens after that.

Now that Date of filing is behind and also active, which one to follow?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 12:55 PM, care_candidate said:

Exactly!

I always thought Final action chart always moves behind or Date of filing chart. And Final action chart is the one we should follow to get things moving; sometimes Date of filing is just for filing and nothing happens after that.

Now that Date of filing is behind and also active, which one to follow?

Update: USCIS has updated the AOS filing chart for July to indicate that F2A is current, meaning all F2A can file I-485 in July (either concurrently with I-130, or after I-130 is filed, regardless of priority date).

Edited by newacct