H1B with Arrest Record

I was arrested for a driving incident, possibly because I was over speed limit.

However, DA reduced it to "Careless driving" which is a fine-only class-B traffic violation (not a crime).

1. Is my visa automatically revoked? I have not received any email from any consulate.

2. Will I get to know when boarding flight to US, or after landing in US?

3. Will my next H1B extension/renewal be denied due to this arrest, even though I have an approved I-140.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by comeback
9 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

You are being very coy. If arrested for speeding then you need to specify the aggravating circumstances. What else happened that you were arrested rather than getting a ticket?  Was any alcohol involved even peripherally?

No there was absolutely no alcohol involved, and they did not even do any alcohol-test on me. I fully cooperated with the police.

I am not sure why I was arrested. Possibly because there were other adult passengers in my car?

Edited by comeback
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 6/2/2019 at 6:26 PM, comeback said:

I was arrested for a driving incident, possibly because I was over speed limit.

However, DA reduced it to "Careless driving" which is a fine-only class-B traffic violation (not a crime).

1. Is my visa automatically revoked? I have not received any email from any consulate.

2. Will I get to know when boarding flight to US, or after landing in US?

3. Will my next H1B extension/renewal be denied due to this arrest, even though I have an approved I-140.

Thanks in advance.

I traveled to India after this incident and I am back in the US now.

My visa did not get revoked, nor was I prevented from boarding. I did have secondary questioning on port of entry, but on showing documents it was resolved.

I still have not filed for H1B extension yet.

• 4 months later...
On 12/30/2019 at 11:11 AM, comeback said:

I traveled to India after this incident and I am back in the US now.

My visa did not get revoked, nor was I prevented from boarding. I did have secondary questioning on port of entry, but on showing documents it was resolved.

I still have not filed for H1B extension yet.

Were you fingerprinted during your arrest?