Obtaining green card through parents

I am 22 years old right now (2019).

My sister is a US citizen.

In order to obtain green card, can I go the following route and if so , how long will it take ?

My father will pursue green card sponsored by my sister. Once he gets the green card, he waits for 5 years and become US Citizen himself.

Then my father will sponsor my green card.

Please discuss the possibility of this.

Yes.

In fact, if you are unmarried, your father wouldn't have to become a citizen before petitioning you; he can petition you immediately after he enters the US. The unmarried over-21 child of a permanent resident is in the F2B category, which has a wait for visa numbers of around 6 years for people born in most countries (longer for people born in Mexico and the Philippines). You would have to remain unmarried during this time.

On the other hand, your sister petitioning you would be in the F4 category, which has a wait for visa numbers of around 13 years for people born in most countries (longer for people born in Mexico and the Philippines). So if you are unmarried, going through your father is much faster even considering the about a year it takes for him to immigrate, because F2B is so much faster than F4 (unless you are born in Mexico in which case F4 is faster than F2B).

If you are married, your father petitioning you after he becomes a citizen would be in the F3 category, which has a wait for visa numbers of 12.5 years for people born in most countries. Combined with the 5 years to naturalize and the about 1 year to immigrate, this would not be faster than F4.