H1 extension approved, H4 extension went to RFE - can we travel out to Mexico for Visa stamping

Hello,

We had submitted H1 and H4 extensions for self, spouse and kid. I94s expired in Mar 2019. 

My H1 extension got approved last week however H4 extension went into RFE. There was a typographical error (last name was wrongly spelt on H4 extension notice copy of both dependents). Submitted a service request to rectify the name however did not get confirmation from USCIS on its completion.

My question is can using the H1 approval can we go for H1 and H4 visa stamping in Mexico along with my dependents ?

Will the issue of H4 extension being in RFE have a negative impact on the H4 visa stamping ?

Base location is India, will visa stamping attempt at Mexico have a negative impact on stamping outcome ?

Please help with your valuable feedback.

Regards.

On 5/24/2019 at 9:47 AM, waitingforh1b2015 said:

Hello,

We had submitted H1 and H4 extensions for self, spouse and kid. I94s expired in Mar 2019. 

My H1 extension got approved last week however H4 extension went into RFE. There was a typographical error (last name was wrongly spelt on H4 extension notice copy of both dependents). Submitted a service request to rectify the name however did not get confirmation from USCIS on its completion.

My question is can using the H1 approval can we go for H1 and H4 visa stamping in Mexico along with my dependents ?

Will the issue of H4 extension being in RFE have a negative impact on the H4 visa stamping ?

Base location is India, will visa stamping attempt at Mexico have a negative impact on stamping outcome ?

Please help with your valuable feedback.

Regards.

Yes, your dependents can go for visa stamping based on your H-1 approval.

Not at all.

No.