Travel when F1 to H4 and EAD is pending

Hello, 

I am posting this on behalf of my wife. She is currently working under STEP OPT which is expiring soon on May 27th. We have filed for change of status from f1 to h4 and, applied for h4 EAD together in Dec 2018. We did receive an RFE for her change of status somewhere around April 1st week. So, we did revert back with requested documents on the 10th April. As of today it had been ~ 40 days we haven't heard back anything in RFE response. I have following questions related to this scenario. 

1. How long it might take to get an answer on both change of status and H4 EAD ? Is there any way I can see RFE processing times. 
  2. She wants to travel to India around ~ June 28th but, is it advisable to leave US in such scenario assuming we don't here anything from USCIS by 28th June.
  3. Any speculations around change of status and H4 EAD getting delayed because of change of rule is going to be adjudicated by June ? In that case can she leave US and, once current case of h4 is approved come back with h4 visa stamp ? Or in case of denial for h4, [4]
  4. Can she apply for h4 again from India and com back here ? 

Thank you in advance ! 

1. Many months.

2. She can either leave and return with the H4 visa and reapply for the EAD or she can stay based on the pending COS to H4.

3. No crystal ball. COS to H4 is merely a status change and implies no petition approval. She can leave and return with the H4 visa any time and show your H1 petition approval to come back.

4. See 3. Nothing called applying for H4 from India unless you mean an H4 visa stamp.

2 hours ago, pontevecchio said:

1. Many months.

2. She can either leave and return with the H4 visa and reapply for the EAD or she can stay based on the pending COS to H4.

3. No crystal ball. COS to H4 is merely a status change and implies no petition approval. She can leave and return with the H4 visa any time and show your H1 petition approval to come back.

4. See 3. Nothing called applying for H4 from India unless you mean an H4 visa stamp.

For [2] from your reply, Have you taken into account that her H4 EAD is also pending along with COS to H4. ? Can she leave US when COS  to H4 approved by June ~28 but, H4 EAD is pending ?

What happens to H4 EAD application if we leave US before adjudication of H4 EAD application ?