How to get mother's visitor visa

Hi:

My mother had a ten years of visitor's visa. She came seven times. We extended her visa three times. Every time it got approved and she stayed and left the country before the expiry of visa.

I know it is a complicated case but I know one thing that we did not break the law. She did not overstay, not even one day more.

Agreed she came several times but it was all with respecting the law and rules of the land.

I am sure some readers/senior members might think otherwise but believe me, she never worked. Never did baby-sitting. Not even for one day/one hour. Not on cash or any other means. Let alone mother working, even my wife did not work all these years.

Grace of god, I own the house, have three cars, comfortable life. There was no need for her to work.

She came because I did not want her to stay alone (I have no father). I have no brother. Sister is in London and mother went there ten times.

She applied last year and got rejected saying - not able to demonstrate that intended activities in the US would be consistent with the classification of nonimmigrant visa and did not demonstrate that you have ties that will compel you to return to the home country.

Since last year she has not applied again.

Now how to get the visa? What documentation I can show? How do I prove that she will go back (the way she went back all these times)?

Any guidance, resources would be greatly appreciated by this son.

Thanks

All you can do is to show that she has ties to home country. Perhaps her own home, relatives, job and other items collectively do say sufficient willingness to return back. On other side, when she has close relative (You and your sister) not living in home country and her family ties to you acts against your favor there is not much to do.

Getting visitor visa is sometimes a luck factor. They give out such visas to blanket of people and once in while just reject based on one tiny thing. You may be caught in that despite preparing lot of things. It's not anybody's fault or it's not perfect science to overcome that.

Regime change should not have consequences in the home of the brave and the land of the free. But unfortunately regime change has caused many consequences. Hence past performance is not indicative of the present. If your Mom stayed out of India most of the time over 10 years, the VO decided to err on the side of caution and his internal thought processes and deny her visa. It would be unlikely for her to get a visa in the immediate present. If you are a Citizen, file for her GC. 

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:39 AM, pontevecchio said:

Regime change should not have consequences in the home of the brave and the land of the free. But unfortunately regime change has caused many consequences. Hence past performance is not indicative of the present. If your Mom stayed out of India most of the time over 10 years, the VO decided to err on the side of caution and his internal thought processes and deny her visa. It would be unlikely for her to get a visa in the immediate present. If you are a Citizen, file for her GC. 

Thank you for the response and insightful information. I am on H1 B. She has her own house (value around one crore rupees. $10 million). Jewelry, substantial bank balance, regular pension. We showed all these. In vain.

I agree she came several times and visited UK several times but I thought it would be okay bcoz she did not overstay (hard to prove she did not work). She is close to 70 years, cannot hear properly, so hard for her to appear for interview also now.

Is there anyway I can accompany her in the embassy? I am ready to give bonds/guarantee (whatever is needed) to VO to prove that she will not work and will return on time.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:29 AM, care_candidate said:

All you can do is to show that she has ties to home country. Perhaps her own home, relatives, job and other items collectively do say sufficient willingness to return back. On other side, when she has close relative (You and your sister) not living in home country and her family ties to you acts against your favor there is not much to do.

Getting visitor visa is sometimes a luck factor. They give out such visas to blanket of people and once in while just reject based on one tiny thing. You may be caught in that despite preparing lot of things. It's not anybody's fault or it's not perfect science to overcome that.

Agreed. What ties you can possibly show other than owning the property, pension, relatives at age 70? only few people work at 70 and VO knows that.

On 5/10/2019 at 4:29 PM, ravi2375 said:

Agreed. What ties you can possibly show other than owning the property, pension, relatives at age 70? only few people work at 70 and VO knows that.

It is possible but highly unlikely for you to file her GC. She may not be willing to do it as it takes at least few years and you even don't have GC with you; So you will have to get it which adds to further years.

One way you try is to go along with her to the interview. It will help create explain the situation more clearly than her going and have issues because of bad hearing (missing questions, misinterpretation...etc.). You can also explain that even that she wants to travel outside home country as often, USA is not the only destination to visit on her travel plan, as she has daughter in third country.

But one care you need to take is not to seek for sympathy based on health or age factors as it may hurt the case. Obviously accompanying all the documents mentioned above is necessary but I doubt she would need that if you carefully formulate responses. Remember there are only very few questions you need answers to, and preparation is not going to be extensive.

You have limitations as her background, past visits, time outside home country, family outside home country are non-amendable items on profile. I like your approach as either you will win or learn.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...