H1 Stamping in Toronto

Hello Everyone ,

I am an H1 B visa holder with an expired F1 stamped visa which I got in 2011 as I changed from student to H1 I didn’t go for stamping since 2013 and I’m planning to travel during July to India for my marriage with my fiancé who is applying for F visa as a back up,

I am thinking of going for a stamping in Canada , first time, but I am confused many say it’s risky , you may get stuck with 221 G or admin processing as I am Third country National (TCN) some say they will deny to take your interview and go to India being my home country , but I have heard many getting 221 g in India or denials or extreme grilling, 

Please suggest  is it safe to go to Canada ?

If Yes which consulate ?

Better to go in May and stay till July Incase if 221 g in Canada or go during last week of travel to India during July ?

Will my passport get stuck with embassy or can I ask if back to travel to India ?

Can I re enter America with an old F Visa which is expired under auto revaluation program within 30 days ?

Is it better to not go for h1 stamping and apply for PHD school ?

My first 3 year term was from Company A and now I’m having extension of 3 years from company B which is valid since August 2018 till 2021 ,

Kindly suggest as I wish to settle down in America with my fiancé ......

Hoping for everyone’s suggestions  Asap as time is running out for me very fast to take some action,

Also my tourist visa for Canada was rejected but my family was approved , will apply again now as last time when I applied , my h1 extension was under process.

Please suggest  is it safe to go to Canada ? - Safe

If Yes which consulate ? - most go to Vancouver, Ottawa, Toronto

I sugged you go as early as possible before your India trip.

Will my passport get stuck with embassy or can I ask if back to travel to India ? - if you get 221G and they want to keep passport, if you want it back you can ask them

Also my tourist visa for Canada was rejected  - with out tourist visa you cannot go to Canada...

• 1 month later...
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:59 PM, NikVisa said:
Hello Everyone ,

I am an H1 B visa holder with an expired F1 stamped visa which I got in 2011 as I changed from student to H1 I didn’t go for stamping since 2013 and I’m planning to travel during July to India for my marriage with my fiancé who is applying for F visa as a back up,

I am thinking of going for a stamping in Canada , first time, but I am confused many say it’s risky , you may get stuck with 221 G or admin processing as I am Third country National (TCN) some say they will deny to take your interview and go to India being my home country , but I have heard many getting 221 g in India or denials or extreme grilling, 

Please suggest  is it safe to go to Canada ? - There is no such heaven can be called safe for stamping

If Yes which consulate ?

Better to go in May and stay till July Incase if 221 g in Canada or go during last week of travel to India during July ? - There is no season of higher approval rates or issuing 221G so don't wonder for the right time.

Will my passport get stuck with embassy or can I ask if back to travel to India ? - You will get your passport back in case if you stuck with 221G.

Can I re enter America with an old F Visa which is expired under auto revaluation program within 30 days ? - No, you cannot

Is it better to not go for h1 stamping and apply for PHD school ? - Purely your decision depending on your future career aspect

My first 3 year term was from Company A and now I’m having extension of 3 years from company B which is valid since August 2018 till 2021 , - That is fine and acceptable no issues.

Kindly suggest as I wish to settle down in America with my fiancé ......

Hoping for everyone’s suggestions  Asap as time is running out for me very fast to take some action,

Also my tourist visa for Canada was rejected but my family was approved , will apply again now as last time when I applied , my h1 extension was under process.