H1-B to GC Status change

I have recently got my permanent residence card approved for two years through marriage base. My H1-B is valid till 2020, I have few questions to clarify:

1) Will my status be updated atomically or  do I need to update it  in the SSN Office.

2) What happens to the H1-B status,  will that be terminated automatically though it is valid till 2020.

3) Should I need to inform my employer the status change or will he gets a letter from USCIS about my H1-B status change.

Thank You in advance!

Your H1 is gone. You will need to get a SS Card allowing unrestricted work if the current one shows restricted work in H1 status only. Your employer will not get a notification. You should realize the necessity of informing HR to change I9 details appropriately. Make sure to read about removal of conditions at the end of  2 years.

https://www.uscis.gov/green-card/after-a-green-card-granted

On 4/16/2019 at 2:32 PM, AJ247 said:

I have recently got my permanent residence card approved for two years through marriage base. My H1-B is valid till 2020, I have few questions to clarify:

1) Will my status be updated atomically or  do I need to update it  in the SSN Office.

2) What happens to the H1-B status,  will that be terminated automatically though it is valid till 2020.

3) Should I need to inform my employer the status change or will he gets a letter from USCIS about my H1-B status change.

Thank You in advance!

You must inform your employer as term limit and other restrictions on your employment because of H1b are removed now.

Archived